Eye of the Storm

"Okay. Dragging these water jugs never get any easier. Okay boy. Set it down gently." Alexis says as she and Storm are carrying water jugs before setting them down as Darius walks over.

"Hey Alexis. Nice job on collecting water." Darius says as he sees the water jugs.

"Thanks. Where you heading off to?" Alexis asks.

"I'm heading out to investigate a Gallimimus.. It's for my book." Darius says as he holds up his book.

"For your book?" Alexis asks curiously while smiling.

"Yeah. What's so odd about that?" Darius asks sheepishly.

"Nothing. Hey I could show you where some are. I passed some earlier this morning on my hunt when Storm went to do his solo hunting." Alexis says as storm nuzzles her.

"Really? Think you could show me? Save me the time of searching all over for them." Darius says as Alexis nods.

"Sure. Stay at the base Storm. Don't need any unnecessary stampedes from alarm. You play nice now while I'm gone." Alexis says as Storm growls.

"Hey Kenji! Alexis is coming with me! Storm is gonna stay here! He can help with gathering supplies!" Darius shouts as he and Alexis run off.

*Timeskip*

"Beautiful aren't they?" Darius asks as he and Alexis watch a small herd of gallimimus from a boulder.

"Yeah." Alexis says as Darius is sketching the gallimimus before spotting a lone one eating grass.

"You know sometimes these walkies are a blessing and then sometimes they can be a pain." Alexis says as the walkie talkie makes a loud noise scaring the dinosaur off.

"Tell me about it." Darius says.

"Captain Kenj to... Dariusaurus and beautiful angel." Kenji says as he comes in on the walkie talkie.

"Go for Dariusaurus." Darius says quietly as he picks up the walkie talkie.

"You sure that's the call sign you want?" Kenji asks as Alexis keeps the book from falling.

"Yes. The answer is still yes." Darius says.

"Don't wanna give anything away but I already did one thing and it was flawless." Kenji says as Alexis and Darius see the herd is moving.

"That's good Kenji. Very good." Alexis says as she and Darius begin to go after the herd.

"I will do you proud." Kenji says.

"Kenji you have to actually do the stuff and not just talk about it in order to do me proud." Darius says as he and Alexis hear no reply.

"Kenji? You still there?" Alexis asks.

"Right. Yes. Loud and clear. Talk time is over. 10-4." Kenji says as Darius sighs before he and Alexis run after the herd.

*Timeskip*

"So why is it you're really out here wanting to sketch gallimimus?" Alexis asks as she is walking with Darius.

"What do you mean? I told you." Darius says as he gives a nervous look.

"No you lied to me. Darius I can tell there is something you're hiding. What is it?" Alexis asks.

"Okay.. I'm doing it for my dad. Gallimimus were his favorite. I guess you can say it's kind of a personal mission." Darius says as he looks down.

"I understand." Alexis says as Darius looks at her curiously.

"How?" Darius asks.

"Kira. I took storm in partly because she loved raptors. It wasn't just due to personal issues in my life I took him in. I took him in because I also remembered the raptors being Kira's favorite to work with at the clinic. I could always tell what ones she was most happy to work with. The raptors were the ones she loved the most. I guess he filled that part I missed. Something to remind me of her. But she can't ever give me what I truly need in the end." Alexis says as Darius looks at her with concern.