The Long Run

"Sammy we're here. Everything's gonna be okay." Yazmina says as the group is gathered around Sammy after taking out the quills.

"Taking out the quills wasn't enough. The poison is already in her system. She's gonna need an antidote and fast." Alexis says.

"Oh sure. Yeah. An antidote. That'll be easy to find since no one knew this thing even existed." Kenji says.

"Maybe the medical supply station has something or the dino clinic." Ben says.

"Nope on the clinic. I can answer that with no doubt. I always made sure of every stock in the building. Nothing for this dino will be found there. Every other dino sure but not this one." Alexis says.

"Doubt it on the station too. Kenji's right. The scorpious rex wasn't even supposed to get out." Darius says.

"The video in Wu's old lab! He was attacked by the scorpious and they were giving him this shot from a red vial. I think they said antidote but I'm not-" Brooklynn then gets cut off by Yazmina.

"Where is this lab?" Yazmina asks before Brooklynn hands her a map.

"Near the raptor paddock." Brooklynn says.

"Take care of Sammy until I get back." Yazmina says as she runs toward the gate door.

"But what about the scorpious? It went in that direction!" Alexis says.

"I don't care what's out there. I'm saving her." Yazmina says determinedly before leaving.

"This is nuts! She can't out run that thing." Ben says in alarm.

"She needs help but how?.. Wait a minute! Remember when it saw the fire on that tree? Maybe we can distract it somehow." Alexis says.

"Good idea Alexis only our explosion will be better, bigger, louder, fierier." Darius says.

"I'm in. I know the jungle better than anyone. Plus bigger, louder, fierier. Those are all my favorite words." Ben says as he puts an arm around Darius.

"I'll come too. My nose isn't much good in this rain but that hasn't affected my agility or speed. If anything I can act as a decoy if it crosses our path so it won't go after you two while you make the explosion." Alexis says as she shifts to wolf form.

"Try to keep up." Ben says as he runs off.

"You realize that this plan of yours is a complete long shot. Alexis you and Yaz both will be put in danger by trying to challenge that thing." Kenji says as Alexis looks at him.

"Danger never stopped me before. I told you i protect my pack. Whatever the cost is. Whenever it is needed. I'm not afraid to fight." Alexis says.

"Yeah. But we gotta try. Right?" Darius asks.

"Good luck." Brooklynn says as Darius and Alexis leave after Ben.

*Timeskip*

"Now I have some ideas for how this should go. One you create a diversion while I blow something up. Two I create a diversion while we all blow something up. Three forget the diversions all together I blow something up!" Ben says as the group is running through the jungle.

"Yep, yep. Yeah! I got it. Thanks. Whatever that something is it's got to be big enough and high enough so that the scorpious can't miss it." Darius says.

"I know just the thing." Ben says as he runs ahead with Alexis and Darius running after him.

"Ben where are you going? How do you even know where you're going? I've worked at this place for a good few years and still don't completely know my way around in the dark." Alexis says.

"Told you. I spent a lot of time wandering this place with... Bumpy. We gotta move faster. Sammy and Yaz are counting on us." Ben says before he pulls Alexis and Darius down to the ground where the group see flying dinos pass them from above.

"What's this for?" Alexis asks as Ben holds out giant leaves to her and Darius.

"Hold this above your head if you don't wanna get snatched." Ben says as the group holds leaves over their heads before continuing to move.

*Timeskip*

"I know it's here somewhere." Ben says as he looks around.

"What's here?" Alexis asks.

"There!" Ben says as he pulls a jug out of the some bushes.

"Gasoline?" Alexis asks in shock seeing the jug is full of gas.

"Dude how much did you take?" Darius asks.

"Not much. I figured we had plenty to get to Costa Rica so I stashed some away. You know in case of a rainy day." Ben says as he smiles.

"Ben you beautiful disturbed beautiful boy." Darius says as he and Alexis smile.

*Timeskip*

"Let's go Ben! For all we know the scorpious has caught up to Yaz by now." Darius says as the group is at the gondola.

"Almost ready. Hit it!" Ben says as Alexis turns on the gondola as Ben has attached a fuse to one of the cars.

"Please let this be enough." Alexis says worriedly as the group watches.

"Oh it will be. You may wanna cover your ears. This should be a pretty big boom." Ben says as the group covers their ears.

"Uh where's the boom?" Alexis asks as the fuse does nothing but set a car on fire.

"But the-.. huh." Ben says.

"We have to do something." Darius says panicked.

"I might have some more gas stashed away a few clicks from here!" Ben says in alarm.

"Clicks? What the heck are clicks? Ben we're out of time!" Darius shouts annoyedly.

"I know I'm-" Ben then gets cut off as the group sees Lookout Point explode in the distance.

"Well that worked. A bit late but it worked. Come on. Let's get back!" Alexis says as the group leaves.

*Timeskip*

"We got back as soon as we... Is she...?" Ben asks as the group arrives back to see Brooklynn give Sammy the antidote but is still unresponsive.

"Come on... Please wake up. You have to. You're the best friend I've ever had. Forget what I said. We'll always be friends no matter how far apart we are. It might not be easy or perfect but... Please wake up." Yazmina says as Sammy remains motionless before the others give horrified sadden looks only to quickly look at Sammy as she begins coughing and opens her eyes.

"Hey Yaz." Sammy says.

"Hey Sammy." Yazmina says happily as she smiles.