Battle Lines

"You ready?" Darius asks as Alexis nods.

"Yeah. As I'll ever be." Alexis says.

"nice of you to finally show up." Kenji says as he sees Alexis, Ben and Darius walk into the room.

"Kenj I am so, so sorry I-" Alexis then gets cut off by Kenji.

"Stood me up?" Kenji asks.

"Kenji please. I know how this looks but I had a good reason. You know I'd never do something like this without reason. Darius, Ben and I found out that... That your dad freed Kash. And has Mae working with him to perfect dino control. And they've done it." Alexis says.

"Are you serious?" Kenji asks as he looks at Alexis.

"Yes. Which is probably what your dad's big presentation today is all about." Alexis says.

"I'm not talking about my dad. I'm talking about you." Kenji says.

"What?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"Instead of showing up to our first date you decided to sneak around behind my back to prove that my dad is what? Some sort of supervillain?" Kenji asks as Alexis gives a sad look.

"It wasn't like that. Alexis tried to get back for the date but there were obstacles." Ben says as he steps forward.

"I don't care. I'm not even mad about that. Why didn't you guys just talk to me about any of this?" Kenji asks.

"You were getting so close to your dad we didn't want to bring it up unless we were sure he was really up to something." Darius says as he goes up to beside Ben.

"Fine I'll talk to him. But for the record you guys are the ones who were obviously up to something." Kenji says angrily as he leaves.

"You okay Alexis?" Brooklynn asks as she goes up to Alexis.

"I guess." Alexis says as she nods.

"Now what?" Brooklynn asks.

"Nothing's changed. We still need to help Mae and stop Mr. Kon." Ben says as Alexis begins to follow the group before Darius stops her.

"It's alright Alexis. We got this. You don't need to mess things up any worse with Kenji." Darius says as Alexis looks at him.

"I'm coming too. He needs to know. No matter what it costs me." Alexis says as she sighs.

*Timeskip*

"We gotta get in there and help Mae!" Ben says as the group watches Mae go into a building with Kash.

"We can't just storm the place. Not with Kash around." Yazmina says as the group sees a BRAD walking around.

"And that BRAD-X." Sammy says.

"They love not making things easy for us." Alexis says annoyedly.

"We should sneak in before it comes back." Sammy says.

"Or we'll sneak in when it comes back." Brooklynn says as she and Ben soon sneak in without the robot catching them as the others wait outside.

*Timeskip*

"So what did you find out?" Darius asks as Ben and Brooklynn come running over.

"Only that we can fry the control chips." Brooklynn says as she holds up an electronic piece.

*Timeskip*

"Welcome back. Where were you?" Kenji asks as the group walks into the suite where he is.

"We went to find Mae. She gave us-" Darius then gets cut off by Kenji.