The Long Game

"We will make it home Yaz. If you say it enough times it's gotta be true right?" Sammy asks before the group laves.

*Timeskip*

"The plane left without you? I'm so sorry. I don't understand what's going on here but you have my word that I'll get you off this island somehow." Mae says.

"No. We're not leaving. Obviously this isn't what we wanted. Like at all. But we can't quit now. Mantah Corp doesn't care if they're hurting their dinosaurs. And Mae you can't protect them all on your own. We have to stay until we fix this however long it takes." Darius says.

"Sure. Whatever you say." Yazmina says.

"Let's get to work then. We've gotta get Pierce back to the desert biome. And if the plane's gone, that means the new dinosaur food has already been unloaded. We'll go check the T-Rex area to make sure the BRADs haven't tainted their food." Mae says.

"Y'all Yaz and I are both wrecked. So we're gonna go get some rest if that's cool." Sammy says as everyone looks at her and Yazmina.

"Of course." Brooklynn says.

"Take all the time you need." Alexis says.

"Yeah don't worry about it." Ben says.

"After you're all done we'll meet at Mae's and figure out a game plan to protect those dinos." Yazmina says as the group leaves.

*Timeskip*

"You kids stay back. He's clearly agitated and I don't want him to... Pierce! Pierce stop. Stop. Stop Pierce stop. Calm. Calm. Scared. Yes. But... You don't have to be scared. 'Cause we're gonna take you... Home. That's right darling. Home." Mae says as she uses her tablet to get Pierce to calm down.

"She... She just talked to a dinosaur." Darius says in amazement.

"Pfft. She did it with fancy science buttons. Bumpy and I found a way to talk through here. The biggest button of all." Ben says as he gestures to his heart.

"I had a deep connection to Storm as well Ben but even you gotta admit that was kinda cool." Alexis says as she looks at Ben.

"Okay fine. It was cool." Ben says as Alexis smiles.

*Timeskip*

"So now you decide to just drop oh yeah. I can speak to dinosaurs but whatevs." Darius says as the group walks with Mae and Pierce.

"I guess hiding my personal side project from you all isn't necessary anymore. I was waiting to develop the research more before I shared it with Mantah Corp. Not sure I'm doing that now." Mae says.

"Yeah. I'd follow that instinct." Ben says as Alexis nods in agreement.

"Could I... Could I try?" Darius asks as Mae looks at him as he smiles.

"Go on then you've earned it." Mae says as she gives Darius her tablet.

"Yes. Friend. I'm your friend. I'm your friend. Hey." Darius says as Pierce gently uses his head to push Darius aside much to his displeasure.

"Don't be discouraged mate. It takes time to build a bond with a dinosaur." Mae says.

"Actually Bumpy and I hit it off right away. Just like Alexis and Storm did." Ben says proudly.

"Too soon Ben." Alexis says as she looks at Ben.

*Timeskip*

"Calm down Pierce. Calm down. Safe. Safe. Safe. Poor thing has to be starving." Mae says as she calms pierce down again.

"Little Eatie is still hurt. The med BRADs you called never went to help her." Brooklynn says as she and Kenji come running over.

"How could your orders be overridden? I thought there was no communication on or off the island." Darius says.