The Core

"Oh hey Brooklynn, Alexis and Darius. Uh fancy seeing you here." Ben says as Alexis, Darius and Brooklynn walk over to him.

"At the meet-up spot? Yeah who saw that coming?" Darius asks.

"Hey guys. Any luck?" Sammy asks as she and Yazmina stand up from where they were sitting.

"Yup. I managed to set up a drone to patrol the perimeter of the island. Now we'll get an alert as soon as the Kons return." Brooklynn says.

"Nice. And we made sure all the dinos had something to eat so they won't go after each other. We did that. I don't mean to brag. Except I do because it's beautiful and we should be proud." Sammy says happily.

"You're right. Not that there's anyone around to appreciate it." Darius says.

"Time to change that. Whoever's watching this, get ready to be amazed by these guys. Some of the most incredible people I have ever met." Brooklynn says as she holds the tablet up to the group.

"Are you recording us?" Sammy asks.

"Yeah. Because someone needs to know that we survived Nublar. And that we're here now. And that we protected dinosaurs from big game hunters and..." Brooklynn says.

"A horrible hybrid." Yazmina says as Alexis nods.

"Two horrible hybrids." Darius says.

"Technically three horrible hybrids." Sammy says.

"A lunatic that wanted to force dinosaurs to fight." Ben says.

"We survived all odds against us." Alexis says.

"And we even got carnivores to play nice with herbivores. So wave to the camera people. You're kind of a big deal." Brooklynn says.

"Kind of surprised you don't wanna be in the shot." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Nah. That doesn't feel like me anymore." Brooklynn says.

"I guess we've all changed a lot since we first got to camp." Ben says.

"Oh yeah. If I told the old you that you'd survive in the jungle and become best friends with an ankylosaurus..." Darius says as he looks at Ben.

"I'd probably have a heart attack." Ben says.

"Yeah. And I didn't want to talk to anyone. Like at all." Yazmina says.

"Except for me. Well really I kept talking to you and eventually you had to respond." Sammy says happily.

*Timeskip*

"So uh I've been thinking. We've done everything we can to prepare for when they come back but why are we waiting for them to act first? We're the ones with the upper hand. Even if he knows we got out Daniel has no idea Brooklynn shut the drones and the BRADs down except the one Sammy and Alexis ran into. Or that we moved most of the dinos to the forest biome." Darius says as the group is walking through the halls.

"Yeah! He's totally underestimating us. A big mistake." Sammy says happily.

"I'm guessing you have a genius plan to take him by surprise?" Brooklynn asks.

"What's the idea Darius?" Alexis asks.

"We trap them in here as soon as they land, take their drone plane, go to the mainland and get help." Darius says as he shows the doors shutting with the panel.

"It's a good plan. We just gotta figure out how to get the doors to stay shut." Ben says.

"It could work." Brooklynn says.

"And if it does we've trapped Kenji." Alexis says sadly.

"We don't have a choice. Besides he locked us up first." Darius says.