The Art of Chill

"Good news?" Sammy asks as Darius is looking around up in a tree.

"The Pteranodons are nesting on the eastern mountains so that's out." Darius says as he hops down from the tree.

"Ugh. Bad news." Sammy says as she opens up the map.

"So we can't stay on main street because of dinosaurs." Brooklynn says as she looks at the map.

"Same with the mountains, grasslands, and jungles." Alexis says.

"And Kenji's penthouse is out because he's bad at math." Yazmina says as she looks at Kenji.

"Hey I didn't think my dad was serious about changing the locks if I failed algebra. That is not my fault." Kenji says innocently.

"That's actually completely your fault and it seems Storm agrees with me." Yazmina says as storm groans.

"Alexis that thing has gotten really big. It's larger than the ones that were in the pen. Are you sure it's even a Velociraptor? Yeah it looks like one but it's a larger than the others I saw." Kenji says as Storm nuzzles Alexis.

"Not by a whole lot and yes I'm sure. I have seen dinosaurs get bigger than they were supposed to but it's rare. Besides I never know what all the scientists did to the dinosaurs in the labs." Alexis says as she pets Storm.

"Maybe it was something in his DNA. A hybrid maybe? It would explain her size and her intelligence since he is really smart and shows a lot of emotion for a dinosaur." Darius says as Storm looks at him.

"Oh whatever. Everywhere there's dinosaurs. Face it. We're cooked!" Kenji says in annoyance.

"We can't give up yet. We set off the emergency beacon. We just need to find somewhere safe to hole up until rescue arrives." Sammy says.

"Where? It's been days. We're out of options." Yazmina says as she looks at Sammy.

"Actually there's one place we haven't tried but I'm not sure you're gonna like it." Darius says as the others look at him.

*Timeskip*

"Are you serious? Didn't we specifically run away from here?" Kenji asks as the group looks at the destroyed camp.

"Just hear me out. There's a stream for fresh water. We got trees and mountains to protect us from weather and dinosaur attacks. Okay.. not all dinosaur attacks. But if you were coming to rescue a bunch of campers wouldn't camp be the first place you looked? And we've even got supplies to build a shelter right here. There uh broken supplies but we could do it! Right Brooklynn?" Darius asks as he looks at Brooklynn.

"What?" Brooklynn asks unconvinced.

"I mean you must have made one video about building a shelter right?" Darius asks hopefully.

"Right. All you do is videos." Kenji says as Brooklynn looks at him.

"Excuse me I do lots of things other than videos. I have a whole life of other things. But yes okay I did help raise that barn for unboxing Amish country. Just saying." Brooklynn says annoyedly.

"Knew it." Yazmina says as she smiles.

"Oh I love that one!" Sammy says happily.

"There you go." Alexis says as she smiles.

"What are we waiting for? Let's clear that stuff!" Yazmina says as she struggles over to the debris before beginning to move stuff as Darius looks at her.

"Hey Yaz maybe it's best if you sat this one out?" Darius asks as Yazmina looks at him annoyedly.

"What? No I'm totally- Whoa! It's nothing. I wanted to fall back for Storm to catch me." Yazmina says as she looses her grip on a board and falls back before Storm catches her with his head.