Whatever It Takes

"Attention. Return to the dock and cut the engine immediately!" The woman says before the helicopters fly toward the island.

"Yes, yes, yes! We are saved!" Kenji shouts as he runs to the control room.

"Are we though?" Alexis asks worriedly.

"Wait Kenji!" Darius shouts as the group runs to the control room and stops Kenji from moving the boat anywhere.

"I'm not exactly getting good guy vibes Kenji." Darius says.

"Yeah. Unmarked chopper, big, scary guns." Yazmina says.

"Oh I'm sorry. What would you bring to rescue kids from an island full of killer dinosaurs? Cake?" Kenji asks annoyedly.

"He's got a point." Ben says as the group hears thunder and sees the storm has rolled in.

"The sea is pretty rough." Sammy says worriedly.

"Alright then. We take our chances with the people in the helicopter?" Darius asks as everyone nods before Kenji begins turning the engines on and steering the boat.

*Timeskip*

Once back at the dock the groups run to meet one of the helicopters as it lands and a man in a military uniform steps out with a gun. The group then looks at each other before slowly making their way to the man and the helicopter.

"What are you kids doing out here?" The man asks as Ben gets on the helicopter.

"Long story! Too long." Sammy says as she gets on the helicopter.

"Way too long!" Kenji says as he gets on the helicopter with Alexis.

"Wait if you're not here to rescue us they why are you here?" Ben asks before the group hears thudding and sees the t-rex as it roars at the group.

"What are you doing?" Kenji asks as the woman begins to take off leaving her companion and the others on the ground before the t-rex grabs the helicopter causing Sammy to nearly fall out before being caught by Alexis, Kenji, and Ben.

"Wait! Stop!" The man shouts as the woman stops the helicopter nearby before the t-rex then eats the man causing her to quickly pull the helicopter away from the t-rex.

"No!" Alexis shouts.

"Wait!" Brooklynn shouts.

"You can't just leave them! Go back!" Ben shouts angrily.

"No! Stop!" Kenji shouts.

"Please!" Alexis says as the helicopter flies away leaving the others.

"How could you just leave them like that?" Sammy asks angrily.

"To keep us alive. You're welcome." The woman says harshly.

"You aren't thanked!" Kenji says angrily.

"We should of just stayed on the boat!" Ben says.

"November Echo 7-6-5 there was an attack. I have four kids on board. Hansen's... gone. Heading to rendezvous point. Over. Hello do you copy?" The woman asks as she tries to reach someone with her communicator.

*Timeskip*

"November Echo do you copy?" The woman asks.

"Lady no one is copying! Just turn around and get our friends!" Kenji says angrily.

"Pretty, pretty please! I can keep going if it's working! Please!" Sammy says pleadingly.

"Stop! We're not going back. The idea is to avoid threats." The woman says as Kenji groans.

"Then you might not wanna look out the window!" Ben says as the group sees a bunch of flying dinosaurs outside the window.

"Really!? Now?" Alexis asks in alarm as the dinosaurs start attacking the helicopter.

"Turn off the lights!" Ben shouts.

"Are you crazy?" The woman asks.

"Pteranodons are attracted to the light!" Kenji shouts as Alexis and Sammy hold onto him.

"Trust me. I've got up-close experience with this sort of thing. Real up-close." Ben says.

"We all do. Now listen to us please!" Alexis says in alarm before the woman turns off the lights as the dinosaurs soon leave the helicopter alone.

"It worked! How long have you kids been out here?" The woman asks happily.

"Um well when did they evacuate Jurassic World?" Sammy asks.

"Um I guess six months ago." The woman says as the group gives shocked expressions.

"Six months?" Alexis asks in shock.

"Wow." Ben says.

"That long?" Sammy asks.

"Check us out." Kenji says.

"Hey sorry I doubted you." The woman says before she swerves the helicopter last minute to avoid a large dinosaur only to send the helicopter swinging as it then crashes.

*Timeskip*

As Alexis wakes up she sees the others giving scared looks and soon shrieks upon seeing they are hanging from their seat belts in the helicopter as it is hanging by vines in a tree.

"Where's the pilot?" Sammy asks as the group doesn't see the woman as they try to not make the helicopter fall out of the vines.

"I got a pretty good guess and unless we wanna have the same thing happen to us we need to get out of this thing and carefully." Alexis says as she looks at how high up they are.

"Careful Ben." Sammy says as the group watches Ben reaching for a vine before he grabs it along with the others.

"Now we just have to..." Ben says as the group is holding onto the vine while looking down.

"Don't say it." Kenji says.

"Jump." Sammy says before the group feels the helicopter moving.

"Guys?" Alexis asks as she sees the vines are about to give way.

"Jump, jump, jump!" Kenji shouts as the group jumps onto the vine while the helicopter falls to the ground and explodes.

*Timeskip*

"I love it when we're alive!" Sammy says happily as she hugs everyone once they're on the ground.

"But I'll feel even better once I know everyone else is alive too." Kenji says as Alexis nods.

"Let's go back to the dock. If they got away from the t-rex they'll probably head for the boat." Ben says.

"Don't say if." Kenji says as he looks down.

"Don't worry Kenji. They made it. We always do." Alexis says as the group begins walking.