Chapter 6 Truth

"The effect of the inhibitor is already minimal."

Fu Lin looked up at the ceiling again. "Even if we use the strongest C-type inhibitor Therasis, the symptoms still haven't improved. I can only try that method."

"That's because your group's product is not good enough!"

Fu Lin's eyelashes twitched. "Do you have something with a stronger effect?"

"I do, but. . ."

Ye Fengqiu shrugged. "It's still a work in progress, and the side effects are strong. You might end up with a few less brain cells after using it a few times."

Fu Lin's eyes visibly dimmed.

"But even if the inhibitor fails, don't go messing around. Just go to the basement and tough it out for two or three days. You'll get through it."

Ye Fengqiu felt that the statement was a bit cruel, so he added, "I know it'll be tough during that period, but it's better than passing out directly!"

"I have something very important to do. I can't afford to waste two or three days." "Are you referring to the meeting this afternoon? Your assistant called you earlier and I answered. I helped you postpone the meeting to next Monday."

Fu Lin remained noncommittal.

After a long time, he looked at the medicine bottle hanging on the shelf and asked, "How much longer?"

"If you're talking about the IV, it will be over soon."

"But-" Ye Fengqiu looked at Fu Lin warily. "You need to stay here and rest for the next few days. Don't keep thinking about going out, do you hear me?"

Fu Lin moved his fingers and turned his head to look out the window, not saying anything.

Ye Fengqiu sighed. "I'm telling you, you really need someone who cares about you. That's why you never know how to take care of yourself. Look at the people around you, what are they. . ."

Fu Lin suddenly interrupted him. "You."

"Me? You mean I care about you?"

Ye Fengqiu mocked himself. "You know I only care about you because of my responsibility and the three million yuan. So you see, do you care about my concern for you? You don't care at all!" "Isn't care between people all because of responsibility and interests?"

Fu Lin's tone was firm, as if this was the truth he had summed up over the past twenty years.

Now it was Ye Fengqiu's turn to be speechless.

"Tu Zhi, I'm going to my boyfriend's place later. There are fewer people in his class and more empty seats."

Li Qing patted Xia Huaizhi's shoulder, "As for the seat I vacated, I'll give it to you. . ."

This was a wonderful arrangement. Li Qing wanted to give herself a loud applause.

But Xia Huaizhi didn't show the expected smile. Instead, she looked a little disappointed, with a furrowed brow.

Li Qing asked, "What's wrong with you?"

"He doesn't seem to be coming."

"Maybe he's busy and doesn't have time to come see me."

Although Xia Huai Zhi tried to make her tone sound light and easy, her voice came out with a sob.

"Like this."

Li Qing cursed "jerk" in his heart, then said with concern, "Then I won't go to my boyfriend's place and stay here with you."

Xia Huai Zhi didn't want to affect the little couple's reunion, so she tried to pull out a smile that was still acceptable: "I'm fine, you go, when the competition starts, I will forget about this."