Chapter 30: Marking

Xia Huai Zhi's eyes widened, and the sudden appearance of hope made her feel happy. But the next second, she suddenly felt empty inside because Fu Lin's response was not certain.

Her mood was like a roller coaster, and she lowered her head in grievance, starting to implement her crying strategy.

"What if. . . after you consider it, you feel that it's not possible to be with me. . ."

Seeing her like this, Fu Lin almost couldn't control himself and immediately agreed, but in the end, he held back.

"Come here."

Xia Huai Zhi raised her head, "What?"

Then, she saw Fu Lin open his arms to her, as if he wanted to hug her. She naturally wouldn't miss this opportunity and almost without any reservation, she fiercely threw herself into Fu Lin's arms.

Now she couldn't cry anymore, she didn't even have time to laugh.

Afraid that Fu Lin wouldn't want to continue hugging her, even though she wasn't crying, she still made strange humming sounds. Fu Lin patted her back and comforted her without any skill, exposing her bad intentions.

Cute, and wanting to bully. She was lost in thought, but Fu Lin suddenly spoke up and called her name solemnly.

"Xia Huai Zhi."

"Hmm?"

"You must be sent by heaven to punish me because I've told too many lies."

Xia Huai Zhi began to feel nervous, unsure of what he meant.

"Otherwise. . . why would I feel pain when you cry?"

So that's it!

She raised the corners of her mouth, more excited than hearing "I like you."

She didn't expect this guy to be so quiet, but he was full of sweet words.

She leaned in and whispered softly in his ear, "How could it be punishment? Clearly, it's a reward." "Am I not good enough?"

Even when rejected, she never felt like she wasn't good enough, and it was still the same now.

"Very well."

Fu Lin's voice was low, and every word hit her heart, "So when I have made my decision, the choice will be in your hands."

"Is that so?"

Xia Huai Zhi felt much more at ease in her heart, "Then let me spoil it for you, my choice that day will definitely be to be with you."

Fu Lin sighed, "Don't speak too soon."

"Anyway, I don't believe I will give a negative answer."

She buried her head in Fu Lin's neck and faintly smelled the scent of mint.

"It smells so good. . ." Her brain was muddled, and she kept moving restlessly while repeating these two words.

Fu Lin was driven crazy by her and shouted, "Stop it!"

After speaking, he pushed her slightly outward.

"I just wanted to praise you for becoming gentler," Xia Huai Zhi said dissatisfiedly, "and now you're being mean to me again."

"Do you like gentleness?"

Fu Lin took a step back, further away from her.

She looked at his slightly open collar and retorted, "No, I like sexiness."

Feeling her direct gaze, Fu Lin moved his eyes to the side and buttoned up the first button.

Xia Huai Zhi was greatly disappointed, "Isn't it hot like this?"