Chapter 32 New Year's Eve

Nan Gang University's winter break ended late, and on the tenth day of the holiday, it was December 29th, the day before New Year's Eve.

Due to the impact of the "retreat" incident, this year's New Year's atmosphere is much weaker than in previous years.

The number of people buying New Year's goods in supermarkets has visibly decreased, and various popular check-in spots only have a few people scattered around. Everyone is afraid to gather in crowded places.

This is only a superficial phenomenon. The actual situation is that many people have already moved away from Nan Gang City because there are almost no such phenomena in other places, and the order is much more stable.

However, most people still choose to stay because their homes are here, and they cannot just leave.

Xia Huai Zhi's entire family is in normal condition, and they still went out to buy New Year's goods as usual this year.

With fewer people competing, there were more good things left, and they bought so much that the trunk of their car was almost full, and the weight was heavy.

They didn't know if they could finish eating everything during the New Year.

Because of the customs brought from their hometown, their family's New Year's Eve dinner is not eaten on New Year's Eve night, but rather in the early morning when the sky is just light. This leads to them having to prepare the New Year's Eve dinner in advance tonight, and they can process it tomorrow morning and eat it.

Xia Huai Zhi has just come of age, and this is her first time participating in the preparation of the New Year's Eve dinner. Grandpa, grandma, grandpa, and grandma have all come, and several elderly people are also eager to enter the kitchen. Fortunately, their kitchen is large enough to accommodate eight people.

Only. . .

Being able to accommodate does not mean being good at doing things. Several people looked at each other, vaguely complaining that the other was in the way.

In the end, the three generations of old and young decided to use a childish but effective way to decide the winner - rock-paper-scissors.

Unfortunately, Xia Huai Zhi lost the game of guessing and lost the qualification to stay in the kitchen.

When she left dejectedly, she heard her grandma say to her, "Zhi Bao, you go watch cartoons, and leave the New Year's Eve dinner to us adults to prepare."

"Grandma!" She said grievously, "I'm eighteen, not eight. . ."

"Oh, you see, I'm old and didn't think of it for a while."

Seeing her grandma's regretful look, she comforted her, "It's okay, I was just joking earlier, I didn't take it to heart."

However, it had already been an hour since the message was sent out, and she couldn't retract it. She spent the whole night lost in thought until Fu Lin replied to her in the middle of the night.

[Fu Lin]: Spending the New Year alone, not having a New Year's Eve dinner.

When she saw this sentence, her eyes immediately became moist.

Sure enough, he really was spending the New Year alone, and she seemed to have accidentally touched on his sore spot.

[A Rabbit Branch]: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you that kind of question. . .

[Fu Lin]: It's okay.

[Fu Lin]: I'm not upset.

Xia Huai Zhi actually had more questions to ask him, such as "Why aren't you spending the New Year with your mother?" and "Have you ever spent the New Year alone before?"