Chapter 48: Crowd

"His. . . father?"

Xia Huaizhi's first reaction was - would a father's crime have an impact on his children?

Then she quickly thought that Fu Linyuan was also the founder and chairman of Therasis. If he was really the culprit of this matter, Therasis would be difficult to avoid being implicated.

No, maybe it's not just implication, it's likely to be a devastating blow.

Although Fu Lin has resigned from Therasis, he was born here after all, and he is also Fu Linyuan's son.

What kind of tests and questions will his new company face?

Xia Huaizhi couldn't bear to think about it.

Out of selfishness, she hoped that this was a misjudgment by the police, otherwise it would be too cruel for Fu Lin.

Holding a glimmer of hope, she suddenly thought of the terrible "truth" mentioned by Fu Ye. . .

Ye Fengqiu also spoke at this time, "Fu Linyuan, like you, is a top-notch Alpha, and also a rare genius." "Unlike Fu Lin, who comes from a management background, he has outstanding research and development abilities. Therasis' early products were personally developed by him."

"So. . ." Xia Huaizhi's heart grew colder.

"So, whether it's ability, financial resources, or means, he meets the conditions to be able to do this kind of thing."

Ye Fengqiu sighed with his head down, "Now we just need some decisive evidence."

"When the underground drug research institute was sealed before, did the police suspect him?"

"They did, but every time there was no concrete evidence, they could only catch a few irrelevant researchers."

"Oh. . ."

Xia Huaizhi's sense of luck was almost gone, and she could only prepare for this matter as best as she could. She didn't have too much of a problem herself, but the key was Fu Lin's side.

He still had a child.

After work, she didn't let Ye Fengqiu send her and instead took a taxi home. It was now ten o'clock at night, and Fu Lin had already changed into his pajamas and was sitting on the bed holding a book.

Xia Huai Zhi curiously glanced at the cover and found that the book was related to pregnancy and child-rearing. Her heart softened and she leaned against Fu Lin.

Fu Lin put down the book and asked with concern, "Are you too tired?"

She was not usually so quiet. After coming back today, her silence made him feel uneasy.

"I'm a little tired, but it's okay. I can handle it."

Knowing that she was acting a little unusual, she attributed it all to "tiredness," at least she could cover it up for a while longer.

"If you're tired, then rest early," Fu Lin advised. "It's already late, go to sleep."

"No, I want to kiss you."

She looked at Fu Lin with expectant eyes and her tone was full of coquettishness. Fu Lin turned off the light and kissed her in the darkness.

"Next time, you can just take action without reporting it."

Xia Huai Zhi asked presumptuously, "Do I need to report if I touch you here?" 

"No need to. . ."

She squeezed it satisfactorily, and the anxiety in her heart was dispelled a little. Indeed, this kind of thing is really healing.