Chapter 31: Hit You

After a few minutes, the person who just hung up on him suddenly called back. Ye Fengqiu impatiently asked, "What's the matter again?"

"I'm not talking about giving birth or anything like that, that's not my concern," the person on the other end slowly replied. "Then what are you talking about?"

"Everything," he said.

"Everything?" Ye Fengqiu asked, "Including the cause and effect?"

"Hmm."

"This will involve your family's affairs," Ye Fengqiu said even more speechlessly, "Then you should say it yourself, you know more about these things than I do!"

"Thanks for the reminder, I'm hanging up." Fu Lin hung up the phone and sat on the sofa in a daze.

After parting with Xia Huai Zhi, he began to feel anxious. His thoughts became a mess, and he kept asking himself - am I really ready?

The more he asked, the more uncertain he became, and he had no idea what to do.

After listening to Ye Fengqiu's words just now, he finally realized that he was still far from being "ready".

Entering into an intimate relationship with AO was too incredible for him. Sometimes he even felt it was absurd. After witnessing his parents' extremely twisted relationship, he held a completely negative attitude towards this kind of relationship, even with a bit of fear.

But. . .

Perhaps it was because of a moment of impulse, coupled with the stimulation of pheromones, he actually asked Xia Huai Zhi to "wait for him".

He didn't think he could give a definite answer in a short period of time, but since he had promised to give her the right to choose, he shouldn't go back on his word.

Xia Huai Zhi had been hurt by him too many times, and he couldn't let her down again.

But. . . Is it really a good thing for her to be with him in a state where she is not fully prepared both physically and mentally?

After all, being "together" does not mean everything will be fine if the relationship is not confirmed. They may have to live together for a lifetime, so they cannot make decisions so hastily.

As the sky gradually darkened, a cool breeze blew in through the open window, hitting his cheeks and neck without resistance.

He walked over and closed the window, suddenly thinking of her.

He wouldn't feel cold when she was around.

"Huai Zhi, why are you washing clothes again? Didn't I wash them before I went to work this morning?"

Xia Chunxi came home from work and found the washing machine humming, feeling a little surprised.

"Oh, I went out for a walk this afternoon and accidentally fell, so my clothes got dirty," Xia Huai Zhi explained.

"Huh? Why are you still wearing gloves?"

Xia Huai Zhi looked at her hands and said, "I suddenly felt a little cold today. . . so I dug out the gloves I wore when I was a child." Her body has become less sensitive to cold in the past two years, and she hasn't worn gloves for a long time. She only dug out the gloves she bought in junior high school to cover up the bite marks.

Calculating the time, she had just met Fu Lin when she bought these gloves.

Fate is really strange. Five years later, she and Fu Lin are almost together.

She even marked him temporarily, thinking about it makes her happy.

In the evening, Xia Huai Zhi took the initiative to offer to cook dinner tonight, and her parents were waiting to eat.