Chapter 44: Deep Affection

Xia Huai Zhi woke up early and saw Fu Lin tying his tie in front of the mirror, while also adjusting his collar and cuffs.

Although he looked handsome in formal wear, he seemed more suited to staying at home than going to work at the company.

"Are you going to work today?"

She grabbed Fu Lin's clothes corner unhappily, "Why don't you take a few more days off, I'm worried about your health."

"It's okay, my job isn't physically demanding."

"Okay," she muttered, "Mr. Fu is so dedicated."

"I have to be dedicated."

Fu Lin held her hand and gently moved it away, "I'll go make breakfast."

"Don't go," Xia Huai Zhi quickly jumped out of bed, "I'll go after I freshen up, you wait at the table."

To avoid any mishaps, she took out some frozen buns from the freezer and steamed them, then fried two eggs. Thinking that Fu Lin was still taking care of his health, she also made a cup of milk.

Although she was a bit lazy, it seemed like a decent breakfast.

Fu Lin's evaluation of it was "not bad."

She didn't have an early class today, but she still took his ride because she wanted to go out with Fu Lin.

On the way, she held her head and sighed, "Ah, it looks like I need to get a driver's license soon so you can rest."

"I'm fine now."

Fu Lin said indifferently, "If I really can't drive, I can call a driver."

"Ah, I know you have a driver, I just. . ."

She lowered her voice, "Sometimes I want you to rely on me."

Although she didn't want to dominate like other Alphas, she still hoped that her Omega partner could rely on her a little, so she could fulfill her protective instincts.

But Fu Lin seemed to be more used to taking care of himself and always wanted to refuse her help, which troubled her. Seeing her disappointed look, Fu Lin took the initiative to suggest, "After work today, I will go to the school to pick you up and your luggage. If you have time, pack your things in advance."

Xia Huaizhi asked excitedly, "Really? You're coming to pick me up?"

"Yes."

Fu Lin added, "If you finish class late, I can wait for you a little longer, no need to rush."

"No, it's okay. I finish class at four in the afternoon, and today happens to be the day with the least classes."

"Then. . ."

Fu Lin parked the car at the entrance of Nangang University, "Get off, see you in the afternoon."

"Okay, see you in the afternoon!"

*

After the last class, Xia Huaizhi hurried back to the dormitory to pack her things as soon as possible. It's only the second semester, and both she and Li Qing have moved out, leaving this dormitory completely empty. When she left, she still felt a little reluctant in her heart, after all, she had lived here for almost half a year.

However, when she stood downstairs waiting for Fu Lin to come and pick her up, her reluctance was quickly replaced by anticipation, and her heart was full of joy.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but an Alpha male who had pursued her before saw her standing here with her luggage and warmly asked if she needed help.