Chapter 34 Ignition

With a snap, Fu Lin undid the folding clasp on his watch strap and quickly took off his watch.

In Xia Huaizhi's eyes, this behavior was no different from destroying evidence. She couldn't figure out Fu Lin's attitude, only knowing that he was habitually evasive, avoiding his emotions being scrutinized by others.

Her heart was pounding, her gaze fixed on Fu Lin, afraid of missing any tiny reaction from him.

Fu Lin threw the watch on the nearby kitchen counter and turned to look at her. "You said this is your New Year's wish?"

Xia Huaizhi nodded heavily. "Mm!"

"Then. . ."

Ding-

The microwave beeped, interrupting what Fu Lin was saying.

Xia Huaizhi cursed in her heart: "Why did it have to beep now, of all times?"

"Xia Huaizhi."

"Hmm?" Her eyes suddenly lit up.

"Since you said this is your New Year's wish, then -"

"Let's wait until New Year's to make it come true."

"New Year's?" She felt a burst of joy in her heart. "That's only four hours away, right?"

"Maybe," Fu Lin said, "it could also be a week later, a month later, or six months later. . . isn't that all within the scope of New Year's?"

She shook her head vigorously. "No, generally New Year's only counts from the first to the fifteenth day. Anything later than that isn't considered New Year's anymore."

Fu Lin compromised, "Then let's do it your way."

"Really?"

She quietly pinched her thigh to confirm that she wasn't dreaming. Feeling the pain, she smiled and looked up at Fu Lin, saying, "So. . . can I get a kiss in advance from my future boyfriend?"

Fu Lin turned to get the chicken leg from the microwave and said, "No." "It's okay, no need to advance."

She showed a mischievous smile, "After we're together, I'll demand twice as much back."

Fu Lin shook his head helplessly and began to deal with the thawed chicken legs.

Xia Huai Zhi is still in a state of extreme excitement, and she has no intention of dealing with the chicken legs.

She leaned over to Fu Lin and said proudly, "Whose boyfriend is so capable? He can even make sandpot chicken leg stew."

"Oh, it's mine!"

Fu Lin's movements paused, and he looked at her expressionlessly.

If she hadn't seen his ears turning red, she would have thought that he was completely calm inside.

It's really annoying that he wants to be with her, but he still wants to keep her guessing at the last moment.

She stopped teasing him and began to observe his method of dealing with the chicken legs seriously, wanting to learn how to make this dish. She didn't know if she had learned how to do it, but her eyes understood it and she didn't think it was difficult.

After putting the chicken legs in the pot, she searched the refrigerator for many other ingredients, preparing for a two-person hot pot. Dishes of all sizes were placed on the table, looking like a large feast.

Although they were all original ingredients prepared for the hot pot, at least it looked lively, with a bit of a New Year's atmosphere.

Oh, right, it's still too quiet now, lacking the BGM that is always present during the New Year.