Chapter 18 Terrifying

On Saturday afternoon, Fu Lin sent her an address as promised. It was a restaurant very close to their school.

She didn't even need to take a taxi. She just had to turn left out of the school gate and walk a few hundred meters to get there. It was very convenient.

She couldn't help but start to think -

Was Fu Lin intentionally taking care of her?

After putting the pen in her bag, she couldn't wait to set off. She wore the clothes she had specially chosen that day, pink, which matched her current mood.

Halfway there, she began to feel nervous. After all, this was the first time she had experienced something like this.

But it didn't matter. Practice makes perfect, and she was quite confident in herself.

Most people who knew her thought she was very likable, and this friend should like her too.

After adjusting her smile, Xia Huai Zhi took a deep breath and pushed open the door to the private room. There were two men sitting inside, one was Fu Lin, and the other must be the "friend".

When he saw her come in, Fu Lin just glanced at her lightly and said, "You're here. "That friend was very enthusiastic towards her, smiling at her all the time. He wore glasses and a khaki-colored woolen scarf around his neck, looking very refined.

Under the influence of the other's friendliness, Xia Huai Zhi no longer felt restrained and greeted him openly, "Hello, my name is Xia Huai Zhi. I study at Nangang University and I am Fu Lin's good friend."

"Hello, my name is Ye Feng Qiu. I also graduated from Nangang University," Ye Feng Qiu adjusted his glasses, "I'm not Fu Lin's good friend, just a regular friend."

Can you say such things in front of the person involved?

Xia Huai Zhi glanced at Fu Lin and found that he had no reaction to the phrase "regular friend."

. . . maybe this is just their way of getting along.

Seeing that they looked about the same age, Xia Huai Zhi guessed, "Are you two classmates?"

"Pfft."

Ye Feng Qiu covered his mouth and laughed, "If you say that, Fu Lin will be angry."

"Huh? Why?"

"I'm turning thirty this year, about eight years older than him."

Ye Fengqiu enjoys watching the excitement, "Fu Lin, it seems like we look like peers."

Fu Lin ignored him and turned his head in another direction with disdain.

Seeing Xia Huaizhi's embarrassed expression, Ye Fengqiu decided to end the joke: "We did attend the same school, but at that time I was pursuing a Ph. D. while he was an undergraduate. If you say we were classmates, it's not entirely wrong."

"A Ph. D. ! Impressive!" Xia Huaizhi's face lit up with a smile, "Then you're my senior."

Upon hearing this, Fu Lin reflexively turned his head, exuding a cold aura.

Ye Fengqiu joked, "Looks like someone has a problem with that."

Xia Huaizhi instantly understood and her heart began to beat faster.

"Then I'll call you senior."

"That's fine, but it's better to call me by my name. "Ye Fengqiu poured some juice into a paper cup and handed it to Xia Huaizhi, "Have some first. The food may take a while to arrive. Take a look at the menu. If there's anything you like that we haven't ordered, feel free to add it."