1. Callum's Life

Callum's POV:

I sighed as I finally finished my work for the day. Today was hectic. There were 3 presentations and lots of files that were bombarded on me the moment I stepped in. This was the first time I had relaxed in the entire day.

I looked at the watch. 5:30. Great! I had worked overtime once again. My work timings were 9:00 to 4:30.

Yet I found myself often sitting in the office even after my time was up. The worst part you ask? I don't get paid overtime for this.

It's because this company belongs to my wife's father. In his words, and I quote, "You are a part of this family. Everything the company earns goes to the family. You don't need extra money. It's already going to you".

I had tried so many times to convince my father-in-law that this was not correct. Yet, he never paid any heed to my arguments.

Eventually, I gave up. And just like him, I also accepted the fact that I do not need to get paid extra when I'm working for the family.

I was lost in my thoughts when my phone rang. I looked at it and a smiled immediately broke out on my face.

"Hey Nova!" my excited voice echoed in my small personal cabin. "Callum" she replied back dryly.

Shit!

Whenever Nova's voice was this dry, it meant that I had done something wrong. That I had fucked up. And that she was either upset or angry with me.

And I hated it. I hated the times when my mistress was not happy with me. Yes, you heard me right. My Mistress.

The thing was, my parents had worked out a deal with Irene's parents about getting us married. Yet, no one thought of informing me.

According to the deal, if me and Irene got married, every year, my parents would get 10% of the company's profit. So they agreed.

As much as I know how fucked up it is, I cannot blame them for it. I know they don't love me; they never did.

My mom had passed away while giving birth to me, and my father blamed me for it. I don't even know who that woman was or how she would be had I seen or met her.

Yet, my father accuses me of her death. I am the youngest of three. I have an older sister Alyssa, and an older brother Walter.

It hurts every time I watch my father look at them with pure love. That's because no one has ever loved me that way.

5 years after mom's death, dad remarried. Remarried, to one of the cruelest people I have known to live on this planet.

My step mother Sandra is evil. Pure evil. She had made sure to take full advantage of the fact that my father hated me. I was 9 when she first hurt me; hurt me physically.

She had pained me emotionally and mentally a lot before that. But that physical pain still remains the most I have ever been hurt.

She had put my hand in burning hot water. I don't even remember what I did wrong. But apparently, it was worthy for getting a punishment like that.

Shivers still run down my spine every time I think of the incident. 9 year old Callum's screams still echo in my mind.

And it hurts so much to remember that incident. I had even told my father about it. Yet, all he did, was ask Alyssa to wrap my hand in a wet towel.

He didn't even look at my hand. Didn't even see, that my skin had literally started peeling off.

That was the day when I knew, my father was never going to act as a real, loving father towards me. To him, I was just a responsibility.

A responsibility to whom he had to give a roof to live in because my mother had really loved me even before giving birth to me.

Many times I wonder how different life would have been had my mother not passed away.

Would my father love me? Would he look at me how he looked at Alyssa and Walter? I don't think there is a way to know this. All I know, is that my family is shit and no one over there loves me.

Which is why, when I was told about my marriage with Irene, I didn't even resist. I knew there was nothing in that house for me.

Not a single person there cared for me. Even my siblings used to help my step mother torture me. As a result, I was more than happy to just get out of that house.

But my marriage didn't work out. We tried for 2 years, yet nothing ever sparked between me and Irene.

My love language is physical touch, but Irene lacks at that. She never gave me enough of it.

I had also noticed in the start of our relationship, that she never initiated anything. It was always me who was trying to work out our relationship.

When I asked her if she didn't want this marriage, she just said "It doesn't matter. We're married now and I can't get divorced. The company's reputation will be affected negatively."

To her, this marriage was just for the company. The goodwill of the fucking company!

I had come to the conclusion that day, that I wasn't meant to experience any love ever in my life time. But that all changed when I met Nova.

Before anything else, let me make one thing clear. Me and Nova are not in an actual relationship. We're more like, friends with benefits. But she makes me feel cared for, and that's all I've ever craved.

Apparently, Nova was into the BDSM lifestyle. Three months in our relationship and she had told me that I was a natural submissive.

I don't even know how she identified that, but she did. And she was correct. I had always loved the BDSM lifestyle, and I knew that I wasn't a dom. I just wasn't sure if I was a switch or a sub.

When I told Nova that, she said she was glad to hear that I also liked all that stuff and that she wanted to try it with me.

Now let me get this straight, when I said that I knew about the lifestyle and liked it, I meant books. Just pure word filled books. I had never even thought that I'd get a chance to do it in real life.

So when Nova proposed it, I was scared. But she held me through the journey and promised that we could stop whenever I wanted.

And that's how we land here, 3 years later, where I now call Nova my mistress. Ever since that day, our relationship started turning into even more of just our sex lives.

But as I said earlier, she cared for me so I didn't give a shit. I was happy with giving my body to her and she was happy with accepting me.

So we stuck with each other. But today, right now, she wasn't happy. Something was wrong and I could sense it in her voice.

"Callum" she called out again, her voice getting impatient now. "Y-yes mistress?" I stuttered.

I knew I hadn't done anything wrong, so there shouldn't be anything to be afraid of. Right? Or have I actually done something wrong? I don't know.

"Do you know what you've done wrong?" Nova asked. I gulped. Okay so, I HAD messed up. But how? "No mistress" I replied back honestly. Nova sighed.

"What time is it Callum?" she asked. "5:30" I replied back. "And when were we suppose to meet?"

Oh shit!

I had to meet Nova today. Meet her at 5. Apparently, there was an event at some BDSM club today and Nova had been invited.

She wanted to take me with her. She had called me at her place at 5 and we were to leave by 7. And I, being the dumbass I am, had forgotten about it.

"Sorry Mistress. I forgot" I told her honestly. There was no reason to lie, it would just add to my punishment.

"I suppose you have some spanking due" Nova said. Yup, I did now. "Come to my place within 30 minutes. Every minute, is one more spank" and she cut the call.

Before my mind could even comprehend, my body started working on its own. I quickly packed my stuff and rushed to my car.

Irene had told me that she wouldn't be home tonight, so I didn't have to worry about coming up with excuse. Right now, my only priority was reaching Nova's house as soon as possible.