62. Traitor!

Irene's POV:

No no no! What is wrong with him? What does he mean he'll sign it? He can't. We can't lose after coming this far.

"Callum no! You won't sign these papers!" I said sternly. Paul did not seem to like this idea of mine as he whipped me again. Fucking hell!

I did not know a whip hurt that much. I've only whipped others; I've never been the one to get the whips.

"Father please! I'm signing them, you don't need to hurt her" Callum pleaded. "Then tell her to keep her mouth shut!" Paul growled.

Callum looked at me with eyes that begged me to just give up. But how could I? How could we lose to such monsters?

I finally took a good look at my husband. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and upper part of his body had multiple hickeys.

Just the thought alone makes my blood boil. I don't even want to imagine how Callum went through it for 4 entire days.

I couldn't do much, so I chose to just glare at Walter. It gave me the feeling that I at least did something for my husband.

Walter smirked at me before he whispered something in my father's ear. Dad narrowed his eyes at me and came forward.

"Have you been taking your meds Irene? Coz your anger seems out of control" he said. My eyes widened at that topic.

Dad knows Callum doesn't know about my anger issues. It was something I told him not to tell Callum. Why is he doing this?

"What meds?" Callum asked. Dad gave me an evil smirk before turning around to face Callum.

"He's lying Callum! Don't believe him!" I said in a panic. "You sure you want to lie to him?" Sandra asked. Fuck! Even they know!

"WHAT MEDS?! Irene, are you okay?" Callum asked me worriedly. I was almost in tears at this point.

He'll probably never want to be around me once he finds out. All my school friends left me after that fight with the bully.

He's not going to love me anymore!

"You see, my daughter here" dad gave me a side smirk, "had terrible anger issues. And she's been taking meds for it since high school."

My heart stopped beating in my chest. I looked at Callum in fear and anticipation. How will he react now?

"Oh."

Oh? Did he just say 'Oh'?

"Callum?" I called out and he looked at me. "That's your reaction?" I asked, kinda surprised and scared together.

"Well yeah, I don't get why you would hide it from me. It's just anger issues" he said. I can't even describe the relief that washed over me.

"No! You don't understand! She can literally kill people if she gets too angry" dad tried to ruin our relationship once again.

"Then you should've told me sooner! I could've helped you get through it" Callum said, looking me dead in my eye.

That's how I know he is not lying to me and every word is coming from his heart. A smile automatically crept up on my face from that.

"ENOUGH!" Sandra's voice broke my romantic thoughts. "Just sign the papers and get it done" she said.

"Don't do it Callum. Once you sign these papers, they will kill us!" Camila said. That earned her a slap from Sandra.

Callum looked at me in conflict. If he signed it, we would be dead. If he didn't, they would continue the torture on us.

"How did you know?" I asked, looking straight at dad. "Know what?" he turned to me. "That we were stealing from you" I replied.

Dad smirked before he called someone. We all waited a couple minutes after that before we heard the door open.

"Hello my dear prisoners!" a female voice echoed throughout the room. I couldn't see her face because of the lighting, but it looked like Callum did.

"MYRA?!" he literally screamed. Once I took in the name, even my eyes widened in surprise.

Myra?! As in the twenty year old maid in dad's house that was being blackmailed into being dad's personal slut?

"That's right! You remembered me" she said as she walked in with a wide grin. "You bitch! We helped you!" I screamed.

She laughed like a maniac at my words. Then she tilted her head and looked at me.

"Helped me? There wasn't anything I needed help with. I was there on my own will" she said. I clenched my fists in anger.

"Myra called me as soon as she let you both in the basement. I told her to pretend like a damsel in distress, and you both fell for it" dad said.

"Then, we kidnapped the security in charge of Harry's company. A little beating and he talked faster than a race car" Paul added.

"Why do you think there was no one to stop you when you stole that file from my room?" Alyssa asked sarcastically.

"It was all planned" Walter finished.

"Now enough of your stupid questions! Sign these papers now or I swear to god someone will die here!" Sandra said, irritated.

I looked at Callum, thinking that he'll be broken, worried or helpless. But instead, he had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Callum gave me a subtle wink and smirked a little. What's going on in his head?