34. I'm So Mad

Callum's POV:

Deep breaths. 1.....2.....3. God! Why is this so scary? I literally have proof.

It's probably the fact that I'm about to show a daughter the true form of her father. The father who she considers to be the best in the world.

With shaky hands, I opened our bedroom door. "Hey Irene?" I called. "Yes?" she looked up from her phone.

"Can we talk?" I asked. "Go on" she said. "Can you come down to the living room?" I asked.

I did not want to talk about this in the bedroom. It was serious.

"Can we not talk here? I'm really tired today Callum" she said. "Please Irene. It's important" I said. She sighed but nodded.

"So, what is it?" she asked after we reached the living room. I just pulled out my phone and handed it to her.

She raised a brow but eventually took it from me. "You want me to play it?" she asked, referring to the video. I nodded.

I watched Irene intently as she watched the video. She watched it with a straight face, giving me absolutely no clue of what was going on in her mind.

Once the video was over, she handed back my phone to me. Without a word, Irene headed upstairs.

"IRENE!" I shouted and ran behind her. She was going to our home gym. She put on boxing gloves and went to the punching bag.

"AHHH!!" she screamed as she continuously punched the bag. I wanted to stop her, comfort her. But she looked so scary right now.

She looked like she would kill anyone who came in her way.

Very quietly, I stepped out of the gym and headed to the guestroom. I think I'll be safe there.

I didn't even realize when I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning though, the first thing I did was to check on my wife.

I was an asshole last night to leave her in such a situation and fall asleep. I could've at least kept an eye on her.

What if she did something stupid?

I gasped as I entered the gym. The punching bag, as well as the boxing gloves were torn into pieces.

It looked like Irene absolutely destroyed them in rage. I gulped, but headed to our bedroom. I needed to see my wife.

"Irene" I called softly as I reached the bedroom. Irene was sitting on the bed, her knees pulled up to her chest. Her hair was covering her face.

But her hands were right there for me to see. Her knuckles were bleeding. And the parts around them had started to swell.

"Irene!" I half gasped half screamed. Grabbing a first aid kit, I immediately went up to her.

"What were you thinking!" I said as I grabbed her hand. But she pulled it away. "Leave me alone" she said.

Her voice was hoarse, like she had been screaming the entire night. How did I even fall asleep in that noise?

"Look, I'm sorry I left you. But you just...scared me. But I want to fix it now. Give me a chance. Please" I said and gently took her hand again.

She didn't pull away this time and I was glad. I wiped her wounds with a medical wipe and then applied the bandage.

"Can you look at me?" I asked. She slowly looked up at me and I couldn't stop the gasp that left my mouth.

Her eyes were bloodshot red, telling me that she cried the entire night. Her face had so many dry tear stains; her lips rough and had cuts all over them.