17. Nova

Irene's POV:

"I wanted to talk to you about something" I said. Callum froze as if he had heard a gunshot.

We were watching a movie together in the living room. I felt that this would be the best time.

"Y-you aren't l-leaving me right?" he asked with fear. This was surprising to me as Callum had mentioned many times to me before that he wanted a divorce.

But now he seemed to be afraid of the idea of separating. Nonetheless, I answered his question. "No Callum, I'm not leaving you."

He visibly relaxed as I spoke. "Then what?" he asked timidly. "Callum, are you okay?" I asked. "Yes, I'm fine. I already told you" he replied.

I sighed. "Callum, when the doctor came to check you, he said there were.... marks on your body" I said.

Yet again, he froze like he had seen a ghost or something. "I saw them too" I said. His fists and jaw clenched.

"Do you want to tell me something?" I encouraged. But he just shook his head 'no'. "I'm fine" he muttered.

He stood up and started walking towards the guest room. "I'll ask Nova then!" I screamed. He stopped for a moment but didn't turn around.

Without looking at me he said, "Go on" and walked away.

----------------

I tried so hard to convince him last night. But nothing seemed to work. And so, I had to choose the other option – Nova.

I don't think he thought I was being serious when I told him I'd go to Nova.

But here I was, standing at my first ever dominant's porch, contemplating if I should knock or ring the bell.

Just then, the door opened and a 6 foot man came into my view.

"Oh hi" I said, "I'm here to meet Nova." The man scanned me once before saying, "come in."

I walked in and waited for something – anything to happen really. I hadn't the slightest clue who this man was.

"Nova, someone's here to meet you darling!" I the man shouted. Then he turned to me and gave me a smile. "Hi, I'm Martin" he said.

Oh! So this was the guy Nova was in love with!

"Hi, I'm Irene" I said. "I'm so sorry Irene, but work calls for me. I have to leave now, but hope to see you again" he said while smiling.

I nodded and returned his smile. He grabbed his car keys and left. Just as Martin closed the door, I heard a shriek.

"Irene!" Nova's voice echoed in the living room. I turned around and she immediately hugged me.

"How are you?" she asked once she pulled back. "I'm doing good" I said. She pulled me to her couch and served me some tea.

We had a normal conversation for a while before I decided to stop beating around the bush. "Nova, I need your help" I said.

"Mine? How?"

"You remember your sub, Callum?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"H-He's actually.....my husband."

The room fell silent for a moment before Nova burst into laughter. "Seriously? You couldn't find anything better?" she laughed. I sighed.

"Nova" I said seriously. Seeing the look on my face, her laughter died. "Oh. Your telling the truth" she said as realization dawned on her.

"I need to ask you something about Callum" I said. "Funny how YOU are his wife and yet you're here to ask ME" she folded her arms in front of her chest.