14. Are You Okay?

Irene's POV:

A week passed in the blink of an eye. Considering, me and Callum were never actually considerate about each other, there wasn't much difference in my life.

I didn't even realize when 7 days were up and it was time to wait for my husband's return.

I sat in our backyard, opposite to the pool, working on a presentation for next week when the doorbell rang.

I was hesitant at first to leave my comfy position to get the door, but when it ringed for the third time, I had no choice. I groaned and got up.

As I was about to open the door, a slap sort of sound echoed from outside. Huh?

I opened the door to find Sandra and Callum standing there. I took a moment to scan them both.

Sandra looked the same – dusty old woman with a look of pride on her face for some reason.

But Callum...... Callum was different. So quiet, so....scared? Why did he look scared?

"Hello Irene" Sandra greeted me with a big smile. I returned my gaze to her and forced myself to smile.

"Hello mother, come in please" I reluctantly said. I didn't want anyone in my house right now.

"Oh its okay, I actually have to be somewhere, I just came to return him" she pointed at Callum.

I looked at Callum once again. He didn't speak a word. He just stood there like a robot, his gaze fixed on the floor.

"Oh, that's unfortunate. I wish you could've stayed." I said looking back at Sandra.

"It's okay, I'll visit some other time. But for now, I have to go. I hope he'll be better now. Won't you?" she directed the question to her son.

"I will" Callum nodded. His voice was hoarse. As if he had been screaming for a long time.

It was usually how my subs sounded after our sessions. But I knew that this, was not the kind of result from sexual activities.

I don't know how, but I just knew.

Sandra soon left and it was just me and Callum. "You wanna stay out for the night or come in?" I asked sarcastically when he didn't move.

"As you wish" he said quietly. I was taken aback by such a response. Callum was never like this. At least not to me.

He may have been submissive to Nova, but never in my life had Callum talked to me with so much obedience.

I decided to check if he was just playing with me. "So if I ask you to stay out for the night, you will?" I asked. He nodded.

"Alright then, come in, have dinner, then go to sleep in the backyard" I said sarcastically. He nodded yet again and came in.

Without a word, Callum headed to the kitchen and started cooking. That wasn't new for me as he had told me once that he liked to cook.

I went back to work as Callum quietly continued in the kitchen. It was so quiet, I didn't even feel like he was home.

An hour later, he came and stood in front of me. "Yes?" I questioned. He pointed to the kitchen.

"What about it?" I asked. He sighed. "Dinner's ready" he said. Why was he hesitating to talk to me?

I closed my laptop and headed to the dining table. As expected, Callum's delicious cooking filled my smell.

This man is gifted in the art of cooking, and I mean every word of it. I sat down and Callum started serving me.

"What are you doing?" I asked in shock. He stopped at once and looked at me. "You don't want it?" he asked. He looked genuinely hurt.