37. Red File

Callum's POV:

I woke up beside a peacefully sleeping Irene. I knew she hadn't slept properly last night so I didn't want to wake her up.

Besides, it was only 7 a.m. I'm not an early bird, but the phone call we were going to have today was making me anxious.

I quietly tip toed to the bathroom, did my morning routine, and just as quietly headed to the kitchen. I think a simple eggs and bacon breakfast will be good today.

"Morning" Irene mumbled as she walked in the kitchen. I had just turned off the stove. "Morning" I replied and turned around.

I could see she had just woken up. Her hair was a slight mess, her eyes were still half closed.

The messy look really looked different than the formal look she always has. But she still looked beautiful to me.

"I think you forgot to brush" I said teasingly with a smirk. Her eyes widened as she realized the look she was standing in front of me with.

"Don't look at me!" she immediately said and turned around. "Your stupid cooking's just too inviting" she huffed.

I laughed out loud at that and walked up to her. I didn't turn her around, but wrapped my hands around her waist from the back.

"I still think you're pretty cute" I said and kissed her cheek. I don't know what exactly happened, but I swear to god I saw her blush.

"I-I'm gonna go f-freshen up" and she literally ran upstairs with that. She stuttered! Oh my god! I think I broke my dominant wife.

As I was laughing at what just happened, a sudden feeling of emptiness washed over me as I saw Irene leave my sight.

I never wanted her to be away from me. I always want us to be together. Just her and me. That's my entire world.

Is this what love feels like?

Before I could answer my question, Irene came back down, looking just as same, but now a little more freshened up.

I felt relieved on seeing her. On knowing that she was back with me. Goodness! What's happening to me?

"I smell eggs and bacon!" she squealed like a little child. "Cause that's what I made" I smiled and went to grab us each a plate.

We ate together, her telling me about some fantasyland dream she saw.

Sometimes, I can't believe that a girl like her can be a dominant. She seems so innocent, so sweet to control someone.

As Irene finished her dream, as if meaning to steal our happiness, the stupid flip phone rang again.

I immediately held Irene's hand and even her eyes filled with seriousness as she picked it up.

"Hi" the greeting came from the other side today. "No time for greetings. Tell us what you want us to steal" Irene said.

"So you're both accepting our offer?" the gruff voice asked. Irene looked at me and I nodded. If my mother was alive, I wanted to meet her.

I had way too many unanswered questions for me to die without receiving an answer to.

"Yes we are. Now come to the point" Irene said in her dominant voice.

"Okay, listen then. There is only one red color file that Harry owns. And according to our research, it is always kept in the safe in Harry office. You know about it, don't you Irene?" the voice changer one asked.

"I do" Irene said, "I built that safe." "Exactly. Which is why only you can steal it" the lady's voice came.

"But the password...I don't know it" Irene said. "Harry doesn't use a password. It's his fingerprint" the reply came.

"If you know so much, why don't you do it yourself?" I asked.

"Because we are not unknown to Harry. In fact, he knows both of us very well. He knows our intentions very well. And to the world, we are dead."

Me and Irene looked at each other stunned. "What do you mean?" Irene asked. "There are death certificates of our names" the woman said.

This was all so fucked so up. We were going to steal from our own family, because two "dead" random strangers told us to do so. This was so stupid and so risky.

"I know you both are contemplating your decision to work with us. But please trust us. Your fathers are not good people" the voice said.

"What is in the file?" Irene asked. "Oh, that's another thing. You CANNOT open the file" the gruff voice said.

"Nonsense! If I am giving you something, I need to know what's in it. What if it's some business secret?" Irene spoke.

"You're point's valid Irene. But if you don't want to get traumatized for life, do not open it. If you want information on your mothers, keep the file closed. As you know, we're always watching" the voice said sternly.

"We will call you, once you have the file" the feminine voice said and cut the call. Me and Irene just stared at the phone.

What the heck were we doing?