47. Task 2 - Basement

Callum's POV:

Last night was fun. I knew what I was doing. I knew my actions were affecting Irene straight to her core. And I loved the effect I had on her.

But in the end, my main goal was for her to relax. And she did. The moment she closed her eyes, I knew I had done it.

Coming back to the topic at hand, Harry just left the house. Irene nodded at me and I rushed upstairs to get the key.

I got the key along with some gloves, and we were all ready to go forward with the plan.

But as soon as we reached the basement door, a voice stopped us.

"What are you both doing?" a female voice sounded behind us and me and Irene froze like statues.

"Oh hi!" I turned around and said, now coming face to face with Myra. She immediately looked down, not wanting to meet my gaze. I know why.

"Did you need something?" she mumbled. "Oh umm, no. We were just exploring the house" I lied. Now even Irene had turned around.

"That's alright. I just wanted to tell you that the basement is forbidden to go into" she said.

"Doesn't matter. I'm his daughter. You will not stop me" Irene sternly said.

I saw the poor girl tremble and I gave Irene the side eye look. She raised an eyebrow at me as if saying 'really?'

I ignored her and went up to Myra. But she flinched away from me. "I'm not going to hurt you" I said softly.

"Please don't go in there. If he finds out I let you go, he'll punish me" she pleaded. I think we all know what punish means.

"How will he find out?" Irene asked. "There are cameras in the house" Myra informed us. Both mine and Irene's eyes widened in shock.

How did we not think of this?!

Of course there are cameras in the house! If you're gonna do illegal shit, you need to make sure no one finds out.

"Myra" Irene said darkly, taking slow calculated steps towards the small girl. Myra backed away, until she hit the fridge.

"P-Please don't h-hurt me" she begged, her eyes starting to water. I have no idea what Irene is doing. Why is she involving Myra in all this?

"Do you know what's in the basement?" Irene asked, her voice leaving no place for a lie. Myra's eyes widened as she looked at Irene.

She vigorously shook her head. "I don't. I don't know anything" she said quickly. Even I could tell that that was a lie.

Irene grabbed her jaw, scaring the little girl even more. "Give me the truth" Irene growled. "I can't tell. Sorry" Myra cried.

Irene let go of her and she sighed. "Then tell me how to off the cameras" Irene demanded.

Ohhh! I see what she did. She scared the girl so much, that now she will easily agree to everything Irene says.

Although, I do believe there could've been a simpler way to do this.

"Sure. P-Please follow me" Myra said and ran in a direction. We followed right on her track.

Soon, we reached the security room and Irene turned off all the cameras.

"Let's get back to it" Irene said, looking at me and I nodded. We rushed back to the basement, finally entering it.

What I saw there, shocked the life out of me. Even though we had been warned about this, seeing it myself made it ten times worse.

The basement looked more like a warehouse. It had all kinds of illegal stuff. Guns, snipers, drugs, knives, bombs; you name it.

There were pictures of people on walls. Some of the pictures had a red cross on it, while some were stabbed to the wall with knives.

The back of it even had a small round table with 5 chairs. What is happening here?

We quickly took photos and rushed out of the basement. I don't think I ever want to go down there again. It was terrifying.

"Mr. Blackwood" Myra called as we were walking up the stairs. "Yes?" I asked as I turned around. She had water in her eyes.

"Can you help me out of here?" she asked. I don't think she noticed Irene who was just a few steps ahead.

"How old are you?" Irene's voice boomed and Myra's head snapped in her direction. She quickly wiped her tears and greeted Irene.

"Answer my question Myra. What's your age?" Irene asked again, her voice a lot softer now. "I'm 20 miss" she replied.

Both me and Irene looked at each other with concern. Such a young girl, going through so much.

"How long have you been working here?" I asked, dreading the answer. "Since I was 18" Myra replied. My heart skipped a beat at that.

"Since when...." Irene took a deep breath, "When did it start?" she asked. "You know?" Myra asked, shocked. Irene nodded.

We both waited for her to answer Irene's question.

"5 months after I started working here, I started getting this weird feeling that someone was always watching me. Then one night, master just....just spanked me out of nowhere" she said.

"You were still 18?" I asked. She nodded. "When did he actually start..." Irene trailed off again. I knew this was hard for her.

Myra gulped but started speaking again, "I asked him that night about what he did. He just said my ass looked good. I was fuming with rage and decided I would quit this instant. But then, he threw pictures of me and my boyfriend in front of me. Not just any pictures, but pictures of us during....intercourse."

Myra was crying now. One after another tear fell from her face.

"He threated to post them on social media if I left. He even ordered me to stay with him and become his personal slave" she cried.

"He asked me to leave my boyfriend and my family if I wanted to keep my reputation safe. What could I have done?" she sobbed.

I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled her into a hug. No one deserved this. Absolutely no one. I was feeling so bad for her.

"How do we help?" I asked, a sudden determination forming in me. "The pictures; they are on his laptop. Please get them deleted" she pleaded.

I looked at Irene, and she had the exact same look on her face.

We were going to do it. We would delete the pics and set this innocent soul free.