31. Butterflies

Irene's POV:

FUCK!!! I'm an idiot! An absolute asshole! How could I talk to Callum like that?! I was seriously out of my mind when I did that.

I was so mad about such a vulgar accusation against my father that I didn't even think about how I was reacting.

I should've thought about Callum's feelings. He was just trying to help someone who he thought needed help.

But I let anger take the best of me. Fucking idiot!

Now I need to think of ways to make up to him. Maybe I could give him a gift? A sorry letter? I sighed. What do I do?

I don't know anything about Callum's preferences. What should I– wait!

Last time, Callum planned our date. What if I take him on one this time? It's my turn anyways. Brilliant! I would take him on a date this Saturday.

----------------

"Irene, where are we going?" Callum asked again. I smiled. "Just a few more hours and we'll reach. Then you can see for yourself" I said.

Callum huffed. I chuckled at his childlike behavior. I hadn't seen a purer soul in this world.

Even after such a rude behavior from my side, Callum's been acting like there is nothing wrong between us.

He even said he forgave me when I hadn't even apologized! For me, Callum is a gem. The most precious one I'll ever have.

"Okay, put this on your eyes please" I said, handing him a blindfold. "Irene, I don't–" I gave him a dominating look and he shut up.

Obediently, Callum put the blindfold around his eyes and waited. "Good boy" I said to him and smirked at his visible shiver.

It's amazing to me how much just my words can affect him. I still can't believe it took me 5 years to see my luck.

"We've reached" I said. "Finally!" Callum muttered under his breath. I went to his side and opened his door.

"Come on" I gave him my hand. "You're not taking this off?" he pointed to the blindfold. "No. Now come on. The sun's about to set" I said and pulled him out.

I guided Callum all the way until we had reached the table I set for the two of us. I sat him on the chair. "Don't remove your blindfold and stay here."

I walked back to the car and grabbed the food I had made myself. I really hope it's still warm. I did keep it in a food warmer (forgive me but I have blanked out on what it's actually called. If any of you know, please let me know in the comments).

"Alright, I'm back" I made Callum aware of my presence. "Can you please remove this blindfold? Pretty pleaseee?" Callum pouted.

I was sure that under his blindfold he was also giving me some cute puppy eyes.

"Sure my love" I said and walked over to him. Callum gasped as soon as the blindfold was off his eyes.

"Irene...this is...." he trailed off, looking far into the horizon. "You like it?" I asked. Ho nodded vigorously. "I love it!" he screamed in excitement.