36. Safe in Her Arms

Callum's POV:

I really hadn't anticipated how hard it would be to walk after this. I was relying completely on Irene while walking to the bathroom.

"You okay?" she asked me. "Yeah, just a little pain" I replied. "The bath will help soothe it" she said.

It was beautiful. The bath she set up for me was lovely. Candles, rose petals, scented soap, strawberry scented bath bomb; you name it.

"It's so pretty" the words automatically slipped from my mouth. "The rougher the scene, the better the aftercare" she kissed my cheek.

Her kiss caused me to blush. She was so loving towards me that I couldn't help how my body reacted to her touch.

The water was warm. It burned a little in the beginning, but it was nothing I couldn't take. Irene climbed in behind me.

"You're more than welcome to use me as a backrest" she said, smiling. "But you should relax too" I said.

"I should. And I'll do it. But right now, you're my priority" she kissed my head.

Priority. Her priority. No one had said that to me before. I hadn't been anyone's priority before. No one had termed me important in their life.

But now I had Irene. To whom I was a priority. To whom I was important. She cared for me. She showed me love.

A feeling of warmness covered my heart at her words. I don't think she even realizes how good she makes me feel. In every way.

I happily leaned back against her. We both said nothing as she washed me. Her hands gently glided all over my body, giving me goosebumps.

But at the same time, I don't think I ever want to be in someone else's arms anymore. My wife's all I've ever dreamed of.

But how long could the conversation be avoided? We needed to speak about Harry. What he was doing, was not right.

"Irene" I started softly. "Not now Callum. I'm in a really good mood right now. No ruining it" she said sternly. I sighed.

"Please, we need to talk about it" I said. "We will. Just....not now." I dropped the topic. But only for the moment. I will bring it up later.

And I did. I brought it up during dinner. "Look Irene, we can't keep avoiding it forever. We need to talk about Harry" I said. Irene sighed.

"I don't even know how to react to it" she said. "Are you okay?" was the first question I asked. I knew she wasn't. But what was the harm in asking?

"No, I'm not. I don't – I can't believe what I saw" she said, putting her head in her hands. I hugged her, whispering sweet things in her ear.

"I can't help you in deciding how you want to approach your father. But we need to keep Rose safe for now" I said. Irene nodded.

"I'll just give her paid leaves. She hasn't taken a single leave in 2 years I think" she said.

"Probably because she wanted to show you that she was worth a raise. After all, she needs that money" I said. Irene just nodded.

I left it to her on how she would deal with her father. That was not a matter in which I needed to be involved.

After lunch, Irene called Rose and apologized to her. She gave her a month of paid leaves and also a vacation for her entire family as an apology gift.

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face when I heard of the vacation. She really is the sweetest.

As soon as Irene cut the call with Rose, the flip phone, which was now in my pocket, began ringing.