3. It's Time We Separate

Callum's POV:

Surprisingly, Nova didn't punish me. I was so confused. I had made a mistake and I was supposed to be punished. Then why hadn't anything happened yet?

We were on the drive to the club when I decided to break the silence. "Mistress" I called to her. "Not now Callum. I'm driving" she replied.

Bullshit. How had driving got anything to do with talking? I knew something else was the matter.

"Nova please. I want to talk" I said. She stopped the car at the side and sighed. "What is it?" she asked without even looking at me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. I wasn't going to beat around the bush anymore.

Nova had been acting distant since almost 2 months now. And my heart ached every time she ignored me.

It brought back painful memories of my father who also used to act like I didn't exist.

I didn't like feeling ignored, especially from her. After all, she was the only person who ever cared for me.

"I need to tell you something" Nova said. She finally looked at me and I saw the sadness in her eyes.

Oh god, please don't let it be what I think it is.

"It's time we separate Callum" she said the words I feared the most. My heart stopped beating at that. "W-what?" my voice stuttered.

The only person who never treated me like a slave now wanted to leave me. Why?

"Have I done something wrong? Please tell me Nova. I'll fix it. But please don't break up" I begged her. Nova sighed again.

"We had a contract Callum" she said. "I thought that was formality!" I shouted. Nova gave me a glare which said that I needed to lower my voice.

"Sorry" I muttered. "It wasn't formality Callum. It was real" she replied. "But don't you love me?" I tried playing the emotional blackmailing card.

I didn't love her either, but I didn't want to let her go. At least she cared for me, something no one had done before.

"Stop it Callum. I know you don't love me either. Our relationship is nothing more than sex" she said.

That was 100% true. I couldn't even argue on that topic. I didn't want to lie to her about a feeling as pure as love.

"Nova please, don't leave me" I was on the verge of tears. "Our contract gets over tomorrow Callum" she replied back plainly.

I couldn't stop as my tears rolled down my cheeks. Was it really this easy for her to let me go? "Did you ever care for me?" I asked.

"I did Callum. I even loved you at a point. But then it faded away. My feelings for you vanished. It felt like they were never there" she said.

I choked on a sob at her words. She loved me. "Does love just fade away like that?" I asked her. I didn't know how loving someone felt. I was oblivious to the feeling.

"No Callum, it doesn't. That's why I'm getting back with my ex" my eyes widened in shock at her statement.

"W-what?" I didn't know how to react to that. Nova sighed before she looked me straight in the eyes.

"Look Callum, my feelings for you faded away because I don't think they were ever real. I think it was just a phase I had because you had held me after my break up with Martin" she said.

My heart was breaking with every passing moment. "So these 3 years between you and me....." my voice faded. I didn't know what to say.

"I may have not loved you Callum. But I did care for you. And trust me when I say, you are a really good person. But you and me aren't meant to happen. Besides, our relationship was never going to get any further ahead with you being married. But I want a husband. A husband with whom I can start a family, with whom I can have kids" Nova finished.

She was right. I was married and could never start a family with her. Our relationship wasn't going to grow.

But still, I didn't want her to leave. Yet, I couldn't blame her for it. If she wanted a family, we would have to separate.

"I understand" I whispered as I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. "But why Martin?" I asked.

"Because I love him. Like I said earlier, true love does not just fade away. It stays for a very long time. And I realized that when I bumped into Martin 2 months ago" she replied.

"Where?" I asked. "I bumped into him at the grocery store. He begged me to just let him talk. I agreed. A week later and I realized I still had feelings for him. He said he had feelings for me too and that he wanted to give us a second chance. I didn't tell you because I didn't know how it would work out with him. But now after 2 months, I can confidently say that he is the one I want to be with" she said.

I nodded in understanding. Because I didn't love her, it didn't hurt as much. It still hurt, but I don't think it was that bad.

But I wouldn't know either, I hadn't experienced love before. Neither giving nor receiving.

"So why are you with me right now?" I asked. "Because according to our contract, you are still my submissive. I could just let you go, but there's only one day remaining" she smirked.

Wait, why was she smirking?

"Nova why are you–" "It's mistress to you" she said. I looked into her eyes that were filled with mischief. I gulped.

The look Nova was giving me was a sinister one. Like she planned to do something really evil.

Then she started driving again. "I thought I'd have my fun one last time. Best part? Martin's okay with it" she said.

"F-fun?" I knew I was in trouble and needed to be punished for earlier. And that made it all the more nerve racking.

Nova smirked at me. "Have you ever done a public scene?" she asked. I shook my head.

I didn't even have a dominant before her. How could I have done a public scene?

But then, when my mind comprehended what she was planning on doing, my eyes widened with fear.

"Nova please don't" I pleaded. She palmed me hard, causing me to whimper.

"I said, it's mistress to you" she gritted each word through her teeth. "I'm sorry mistress. But please don't do that" I begged.

But all she did was give me that evil grin of hers. "I love public humiliation. It's such a big turn on. It's going to be fun to see you on that stage begging for mercy" she said.

"Mistress please, I don't like it" I said, hoping that she'd agree. "Oh yeah? Then why are you hard?" she asked.

I looked down and realized she was right. WTF?! Why was I hard? "I-I don't know" I said, still not understanding why I was hard.

"I'll tell you why. Because you love it" she said. I vigorously shook my head in denial. "No I don't!" I refused to believe that.

Nova laughed before speaking again. "I have always noticed how you react on knowing that people are watching you. Remember the time when I put up cameras in our bedroom to record you?" she asked.

I blushed at her question. She had asked me to masturbate in front of the camera so she could put it up on a porn site.

At my request, she had cut off my face. But at that moment, I had been so horny.

"Mistress–" "Now shush. I'll explain more when we get to the club" she cut me off in her dominant voice, leaving no place for argument.