Chapter 6

Angelo Giordano

"Entrare!" My father entered my office with Annalise, My sister.

"Son," My father started and I knew what he was going to say. I ignore him and continue looking through my paperwork. I was reading through them thoroughly, it was very important to do since these were a bunch of contracts and I needed to read them to make sure they weren't scams.

"Angelo, I know you are listening to me. Show some respect!" He stated. I sighed in annoyance while rubbing my temple.

"What do you want?" I ask irritated.

"You know what I want son."

I ignored him again.

"A wife." He said blankly. The room becomes silent and you can hear the wave of air through the room.

"Your sister is not even as old as you and she is already engaged," He said. Annalise winked and showed me her engagement ring.

I scoff. "I have no time to be looking for a wife," I said. I didn't have the time to deal with a wife and even worse a child.

"Don't give me that nonsense! You've had all your time to do so and still haven't found a proper woman."

I bang my fist on the table causing some of the files to fall. "I will look for a wife when I want to! You do not get to tell me what to do. I am your capo."

"As your father, you listen to me!" He argues.

"I have no respect for you, whether you are my father or not!" I look at him wanting to kill him there and then. "You made sure of that a long time ago."

Annalise looks at me with shock before looking down knowing what I am talking about.

"You will have a wife and a child by this year and that is final!" He shouts, "Otherwise you won't have this empire and it will be given to Annalise's soon-to-be husband!" He threatens.

I scoff. He couldn't take this empire from me even if he wanted to, his threats were as empty as my heart. Even if he tried it won't change the fact that I am the one who made this empire the way it is now. One of the best and richest in the world. I have power against him.

"Uscire!" I wave my hand at him "Otherwise I will have my men drag you out."

"Time is ticking son, all you need is a wife and a child, a boy. Don't risk your title of being capo just because you're too hard-headed just to get an heir!" He said angrily before fixing his suit and barging out of my office.

I clenched my jaw and my fists until I felt my sister place her hand on top of me. I look up to see her looking at me softly. "Brother I know how important the mafia is to you," she sighed "So please find a wife as soon as possible if it is that important to you."

"After all I am sure it is not hard." She said confidently.

I and Annalise have always been there for other since we were kids. When I was a kid and would go through the training she would watch me making it so that if something bad happened to me she would be there to aid me. She didn't like to see me getting hurt, even tho she was 6 years younger than me she treated me like she was my mother.