Chapter 44

I was sitting on the bed— my legs hanging off the bed with my back straight, examining the USB in my hands

I was sitting on the bed— my legs hanging off the bed with my back straight, examining the USB in my hands. My brows furrowed as I was trying to figure out what could be in the USB—maybe it was one of those sex tapes that Enzo would talk about?

My thumb was brushing the plastic—while my mind was in many different places simultaneously. If this was one of Angelo's sex tapes, I don't think I could bear watching it.

The sound of the door opening made me flinch and quickly hid the USB behind my back before looking in the direction of the door.

One of the housekeepers came in with a plate of food in her hands—sadly, it wasn't Anna, I was hoping to talk to her today so that she could help me figure out what was in this USB.

I looked at the housekeeper but she couldn't seem to look me straight in the eyes—was something wrong?

As soon as she put the plate down I placed my hand on hers and she flinched before pulling it away, "Please don't tell me to shoot myself!" She bursts into fear with her hands blocking her face.

I let out a gasp and my eyes turned worried, "Why would I ask you to shoot yourself?" was my reputation that bad after marrying Angelo? After all, he was a sadist.

"Y-you wouldn't ask me to shoot myself?" she slowly let her guard down and her voice was less shakey.

I sighed before offering my arm out to her, "Of course not, I would never do that." I say softly with a soft smile.

Her frightened face slowly turned into a relieved face before sighing and looking down before she grabbed my hand and held it tight, "Thank you so much ms." She sighed in relief as she kissed my hand.

Although it was twisted that she was thanking me for not telling her to shoot herself, I just sighed and smiled at her. It was a normal thing around here.

As soon as she left the room, I took the USB and removed it from its plastic, and put it in my pocket. I needed one of those notebooks if I wanted to find out what was in this USB—I refused to let my overthinking take over me and believe it was a sex video of Angelo and another woman—for all I figured out it could be something about my parents—which I didn't want to know because I knew just enough and didn't want to find out any more.

I wasn't in our original room, I was currently in the room Angelo took me to last night, and ever since I woke up I hadn't seen him. He was always gone every morning which I was used to so it didn't bother me as much because I knew he was busy with work.

I needed to go to our old room, that's where I could find a notebook.

I walked out of the room and walked through the hallway— I was holding one of the stairracks where I could see the living room when I saw Enzo leaving the house through the front door. I looked confused but didn't care, Enzo was always up to something.

I quickly ignored that and continued walking till I saw the double doors to our old room. I opened the doors and the scent of Angelo was stained in the room.

I walked over to the desk and opened the drawer from where I last saw the notebook and thankfully it was still there. I took it and placed it on the desk before pulling out the chair and sitting on it.

"Now how do I open this thing," I mumble intrigued while looking at the laptop and seeing my reflection on the blank screen.

I clicked on all the buttons with each letter from the alphabet and tried checking if it worked, but with my luck, it didn't. If only we had these in the society then I wouldn't be struggling with today's technology.

One button caught my attention and it was shaped like a power button, that has to be it. I clicked the button and all of a sudden the blank screen turned white making a smile form on my face.

I picked up the laptop and started looking around it—trying to find a jackhole so that I could plug in the USB. I took the USB from my pocket and tried putting it in every hole of the laptop till it finally fit.

The laptop was on and just kept clicking and clicking till it took me to the homepage. Automatically a file opened—which I'm guessing was the file of the USB.

Angelina talk through #1
Angelina file #2

Angelina? Who was Angelina? My mouth was wide open as I looked through the file to see if there was anything else but videos and surprisingly there was.

"Who are you?" I whisper before clicking the video.

A familiar little girl showed up in the video with the same black hair and blue and grey eyes as Angelo.

"Angelina, introduce yourself." The old man ordered. The little girl shifts her position and places her hands on the table, "I'm Angelina Giordano. I'm 6 years old and I'm the last born of the Giordano clan."

My jaw dropped and my mouth opened, as soon as I heard she was the last born of the Giordano clan my eyes started to quiver, I thought Annalise was the last born, but there was another one

All of a sudden I remember the conversation I and Angelo had— when his father killed his mother while she was 8 months pregnant. That's when it started to click and started to make a little more sense.

"How is she alive?" I ask myself in disbelief while watching the video.

"Why are you here today, Angelina?" the old man asks. "To train." the little girl answers in fear, her pupils shaking. "How long have you been training for?" the old man asks aggressively. She puts her fingers up and starts counting, "1 year and 7 months," She answers with her big doe eyes sparking with tears and holding up a 7 in her hand, as she held the 7 up you can see the bruises across her arms, like she had been whipped. "Why have I been training you?" the old man asks yet another question. "So that I can complete my mission," she answers while looking behind the camera, "And what is your mission?"

"To kill her," she pointed at the picture behind the camera.

Before I could process the video I heard a door slam making me jump out of the chair and shut the laptop.

"What are you doing?" A voice enters the room.

***
hi guys ☺️☺️ please keep commenting, i love seeing your guys comments (even if they're slander towards angelo)

also, should i make a spotify playlist for this book? i don't know ive just been procrastinating but if u guys tell me to then i most definitely will.