Chapter 13

Navea Moreau

"You will marry me."

I stare at him. I just stare at him with the most heartbreaking and heart-dropping look. Why did he want to marry me? I escaped home just so I wouldn't have a marry a sick psycho and now here I am in the hands of another psycho who wants me to marry him.

"No!" I shout before trying to push him off me.

"No?" He said amused while just watching me while I was attempting to push him away from me.

"Let me ask you Navea, do you have any friends, any family that you care about so much that you would just do anything for them?" He asked with a conniving smirk.

I still tried pushing him ignoring his questions before he held me straight in my place making sure I didn't move at all.

"You wouldn't want mommy dearest to die would you?" He said while tracing his fingertips on my cheek outlining my tears.

"Leave me and my mother alone!" I said back at him with angry tears coming out of my eyes.

"Then marry me and I will leave your mother alone." He said blankly.

"Why do you want to marry me? I am no use to you!" I asked while crying.

"No use?" He scoffs before saying "You are one of my biggest prized possessions I have ever laid my eyes on." He said darkly before gripping my face.

"You will agree to marry me, otherwise I will kill your mother and all your friends while you are still bound to me by our ring," He threatened.

"You see you don't have really much of a choice. Your family lives and you can be peacefully married to me or your family dies while you will still be married to me." He said while glaring at me.

Tears just kept pooling out of my eyes while I was listening to every single word he was saying.

"I didn't come out here to marry someone! Please don't force me to marry you!" I beg him with tears streaming down my cheeks.

I genuinely didn't want to marry him. I would go down on my knees and beg him if I had to. I didn't wanna marry this man.

"Then what did you come here for Tesoro?" He whispered near my lips.

"T-to study," I said in a low voice while closing my eyes.

"Study what? Since you've turned 18 I'm sure you've graduated already." He said.

I look at him in disbelief, does he not know that college exists?

"You can study even after graduating." I sighed.

"If you marry you won't need to study at all, you'll have everything you want in here, riches, diamonds, golds, anything you desire." He said darkly.

I stayed silent because that wasn't what I wanted. I didn't care about his riches. If I were to marry I actually wanna marry someone I love whether they have money or not.

"If you want your mother to live then marrying me would be the best option." He said.

I was about to say something but then he stood up and looked around the room before his eyes stopped on the plate of food on the table.

"And eat your food, be grateful that I am feeding you." He said in an annoyed tone before getting out of the room.

I sighed when he finally left but then I heard the 'click' meaning the door was locked.

I bring my hands to my face and start sobbing violently. Why did he want to marry me? He doesn't even know me. Does he want to marry a stranger? He'd rather marry a person he doesn't even love than a person he can love?