Chapter 26

Navea Moreau

"Navea..!"

"Are you alive?"

Someone's voice was muffled in my dreams... Wait was I even dreaming?

I shot my eyes open and was surprised to see Martha standing there.

"Martha?" I asked squinting my eyes trying to adjust to brightness.

She sighed, "Oh thank god! I was scared that Mother Nature had already done the job herself and my mission would've been ruined."

I look at her confused with my eyebrows furrowed, mission? What?

Then all of a sudden everything felt foreign and that's when I realized I wasn't in Angelo's bedroom.

"Where am I?" I asked, confused. Maybe Angelo sent us here? I mean she was in the room with me.

Angelo.. Last night's events clouded my brain and all of a sudden I got a headache.

I heard Martha chuckle before crossing her arms, "I'm surprised Vea,"

My brows furrowed even deeper and panic started to crawl in my spine.

"Surprised about what? Why are we here?" I started to panic and removed the blanket from my body and saw myself dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, but not only that. My hands were cuffed.

"Why am I cuffed and you aren't?" I asked starting to get suspicious.

"Let me continue," She rolled her eyes before scoffing.

Everything about Martha didn't seem right, ever since that night she sent me to the plane she hasn't been the same.

"Honestly, I thought Angelo had married you just to kill you to break the alliance with him and your father." She said with her hands on her hips while tilting her head.

"But from what I've seen, it looks like he really did take your innocence from you huh?" She laughed before scrunching her nose.

"Gross." She said disgusted.

Her words pierced my skin like knives and my eyes squinted with pain with everything she said and I just sat in the bed looking down.

"I thought you were like me Navea, but I guess you're just like every other woman in the society out there desperate for a man to pop her cherry, which in fact yours has already been popped!" She said while pointing her finger at me with and gasping before laughing.

"And here we have men thinking they can just rip our innocence from us anytime they want, I mean they're the reason we are in this situation anyway. Men thinking they can control us, women, ugh the grossest thing that mother nature or 'God' created was people with dicks." She said before pulling out the chair making me flinch.

She sat on the chair before taking out a piece of gum and putting one in her mouth, "I'd never give in to any man, I'm disgusted by you Navea." She said blowing a bubble and popping it.

Tears fell from my eyes and my vision blurred, "W-where is Angelo?" I asked my breath quickvering.

"He went to the press this morning, he left you all alone in your bed after being brutal to you yesterday," She pouted.

"Although to give it thought, I could just kill you and bring you back and make it seem like you you roughhousing too hard that you died." She laughed.

"You wanna kill me?" I asked her, my heart hurting from everything she was saying.

"A whole line of people want to kill you, now that you're the wife of the great Angelo, ugh, Italians, seriously Navea? I thought you'd have better taste than that."

"And let's be honest? Angelo? God that man was just using you." She scoffed unbelievably.

"U-using me? I don't care about that.." I lied, knowing damn well that it hurts.

"What could he possibly use me for? I'm no one, just Navea Brecketts." I sighed trying to cover my face, ashamed of myself.

"Oh, you still don't know?" She stood up before twisting the chair and sitting back on it.

"Know what?"

"You're the daughter of Victor Moreau." She said.

Me? The daughter of Victor Moreau? The person who led the society? That horrible man?

"You're lying." I accused before looking back at her.

"Don't lie to me, Martha."

"I'm not." She said.

"My guess is Angelo somehow found out and he married you to use you to get your father's empire." She blurted sounding impressed.

"Stop lying," I told her, having enough of everything she was saying.

"I'm not, Navea, I have no reason to lie to you."

"Really? Because you seem so pretty hell-bent on killing me, I'd assume that you lie as well!" I shouted.

She seemed shocked by my outburst before her mouth formed a smirk.

"I do want to kill you, you're right. But I won't." She said before taking the keys from the bedside and unchaining me.

"You're free to do whatever you want, I won't get in the way of you and Angelo's delusional land of rainbows and unicorns,"

She took me by surprise when she went closer to me putting her mouth near my ear. I held my breath and I side-eyed her as she started talking.

"But know this, if I am right, which I am. You will kill Angelo yourself and after that, I will kill you."

My eyes widened in the spot and the tears were uncontrollably falling from my eyes.

She grinned before tucking my hair behind my ear and getting up.

"It's nice doing business with you Mrs. Giordano, you are free to go." She said her hand leading the way to the door.

"What happened to you?" I asked her,

She changed, she was not Martha, and I needed my Martha back.

She ignored me and I took her ignorance as a sign that I should just leave.

I got up from the bed but my legs gave in and I almost fell on my butt, but I controlled myself and was able to get back up on my feet.

I stumbled my way to the door until I got out, to my surprise we were still in the mansion and it looks like I was just in Martha's room.

I scoffed before stumbling to the stairs railing. I was sick and tired of this, people threatening to kill me, and the people I love, not that I love Angelo.

I was hanging for my laugh on the stair railing while slowly walking upstairs.

Was it true tho? I didn't want to believe the words that came out of that version of Martha's mouth.

"Navea?!" I heard Angelo from the bottom of the stairs.

Crap! Now was not the time.

***

oh martha martha martha, i wonder what the motive behind her actions are. is she being blackmailed? or maybe she was always that way from the start and is now starting to come out of her shell?