Chapter 30

I saw a girl with jet-black hair being dropped off by that automobile I'd seen in books

"Mom can I play outside?" I asked my mom who was busy baking in the kitchen.

She looked at me then outside the window before looking back at me again, "Okay! But be back before the sun sets!"

I squealed and kissed her on the cheek, "Thank you mama!" I said before running through the doors.

The wind hit me as soon as I stepped foot outside and I closed my eyes letting the cold breeze hit me.

My daydreaming was soon cut off when I saw the girl with jet-black hair getting dragged out of the automobile by a man who looked somewhat early 50's.

"No one can know who you are, got it?!" The old man screamed and the poor girl nodded her head hysterically.

"Foolish girl!" He said and dragged in front of the neighbor's door.

I stood by the corner of my house watching them, scared that he'd do the same to me if I was seen.

"Papa, please! I promise I'll do it!" She cried out while begging on her knees.

"You will have a new family now, you will have a brother and a few 'papa' so don't call me that ever again!" He shouted pointing his finger at her.

"Please!" She cried.

"Shut up!" He shouted.

"You will only be a part of our family if you kill the girl! Not that a foolish prick like you would understand, God, you're so weak it's like you're not even my blood at all! Your older brothers and sisters would be disappointed to have you as their blood, you are not a ******* until you kill that girl! I can't believe you survived, you should've died with that woman!"

The girl with the jet-black hair sobbed with her hands on her knees I could see her tears falling onto her lap.

He took his wallet out and threw some cash at her face.

"No one shall know about you and who you really are, and what your real lineage is! You will go as Martha Abrams." He said before he bent down and pulled her chin up.

"Until you have completed your mission, you are banished from our family, Martha Abrams."

My mouth was wide open as I was watching the scene in front of me as if he was banishing her from their kingdom!

"Woah," The words left my mouth without any thought and I quickly covered my mouth, luckily they didn't notice me.

"Please! I don't know what to do, I-I promise I'd do anything, I'm 7 years old, I don't know anything!" She wailed.