Chapter 9

Angelo Giordano

I entered the black SUV and sent a hand signal to the driver indicating him to leave. I knew we couldn't trust Moreau. That fucking bastard.

I should've never sent Enzo to go and sign the contract he offered. It was fishy from the start, especially considering they're the enemy.  I mean who would hand over their entire fortune just for an heir? I didn't mind because either way I was gonna have an heir this year.

I knew it was part of the contract, I just liked pissing off my father so he would go crazy thinking the empire he started was going to end with me. Well, unlike Moreau, I keep my side of the deal.

Now we have caught a mole who is very obviously working for Moreau, as Enzo told me. Each of them had some kind of jewelry meaning that they were working for the French mafia. It was stupid enough for a spy to wear it while 'spying' on us.

If anything this mole we caught wasn't trained whatsoever. But she was a good liar. We already know she is working for Moreau to stab us in the back and yet her facial features say otherwise. But the proof is literally in my office back at the villa.

The SUV was parked in our parking lot. I got out and saw the SUV behind us getting out holding the unconscious woman.

"Portala nel seminterrato!" I ordered them.

They nodded and brought her inside, while the arm I shot her in was slowly dripping blood.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called our family doctor.

"Come here in 20 minutes. Someone is wounded" I said blandly before hanging up and going inside the villa.

I walked through the front door and all the maids scurried doing all their housework. They were scared of me and that was good. They need to know their place in my fucking house, my business.

I walked inside my office and saw Enzo sitting on one of the chairs in front of my desk smoking a cig. He noticed my presence then stood up from the chair and bowed. "Capo." He started.

I look at his cigarette before taking it from it and smoking it myself. "Have you found any information on the girl?" I asked before blowing out the smoke from my mouth and handing it back to Enzo.

"Yes." He said before taking something from the side. He was pulling out a bag. He put the bag on the table and spilled all of the continents inside on the table.

"She has bad taste." He said while pulling out one of the dresses and gagging at the sight of it. I scoff annoyingly before snatching the bag from him and looking through it.

My hand landed on a piece of paper, I pulled it out before unfolding it and reading it.

"What is it?!" Enzo said excitedly going next to me.

There were directions in the paper on how to get on the plane. I hiss. I knew she was fucking lying. I guess she was trained after all.

"Holy shit. So they planned it after all." Enzo said angrily. I rip the paper apart and toss it in the waste bin.

"What are we gonna do about her?" Enzo asks.

I sit on my chair and say "We won't kill her."

"But-"

"We will interrogate her in the basement every day until she tells us the fucking truth. No matter what it takes. She will endure torture every day." I said smiling darkly.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" He said grinning and smoking his cigarette.

"Where's that bracelet?" I ask.