Chapter 19

Agatha Brecketts

I burst the doors open into Victor's study before slamming my fists on his table.

"Victor you still haven't found her?" I asked with tears brimming in my eyes.

Navea had been missing for almost 2 weeks now and we still had no clue about her. I felt regret, I forced her into a marriage she never wanted and did not support her dream of studying abroad. If only she knew that even if I wanted to I couldn't.

"We've been searching for weeks now Agatha," Victor said before standing up and hugging me.

"She's our daughter, Victor," I sobbed on his chest while he was hugging me, rubbing my back.

"And I will do everything I can to find her." He said reassuring me.

"We never should've made her marry someone when just turned 18, now she has just run off," I said with regret in my voice.

"We just wanted what was best for her Agatha, she would've found out about the society sooner or later."

I sniffed and looked at him. "I just hope she is okay."

"She is, don't worry." He said.

I pulled out of the hug before wiping the rest of my tears away.

"One of my business partners is getting married, I'd like you to accompany me to that wedding." He said kissing my hand.

I frowned. "A wedding? Who's wedding?"

"Angelo Giordano." He said and I looked at him in shock.

"Angelo? One of the most powerful mob bosses in the world? Are you sure this is safe?" I asked worried.

"Yes, he is a good friend of mind and I am handing my business over to him once he gets an heir." He told me.

I sighed and looked down.

"So that we can live a life together Agatha. The moment Navea would've been married and living with her husband I had already bought us a mansion somewhere in Spain, away from here." He said swaying me.

I chuckled before rolling my eyes. "Oh Victor, you always plan our life ahead of us don't you?"

"Yes, my love. As long as they are with you, and with our daughter safe and sound. I can let go of the society and Angelo can handle it all from now on."

"Are you sure that's what you want?" I asked him making sure he was ready to spend the rest of his life with me.

"Yes," He looked at me before sighing.

"Are you having second thoughts about us?" He asked holding my hand.

"No, I just-" I sighed before continuing "Nothing, let's just find Navea first," I said and he nodded.

As we were having our little moment someone busted in the room and I looked to see it was Gabriel.

"My sister is missing!" He said with his chest heaving up and down, panic evident in his voice.