Chapter 8

Navea Brecketts

My head felt dizzy. It was throbbing, I felt like if I could die from anything right now it would be how bad my head was throbbing.

Everything was dark, and I couldn't feel anything. All I could hear was my heartbeat.

I wasn't aware of my surroundings. I felt trapped.

I tried to bring my hands to my head to support my head from the pain I was feeling but then was stopped by a cold metal that was wrapped around my wrists.

I felt confused and tried moving my hands but the cold metal chain was attached to the wall making my movements minimal.

I was confused. What was I doing here? Was this the apparent real world? Where am I?

All of a sudden flashbacks from the plain clouded my head and I felt nauseous.

"I-I was caught.." I mutter to myself. Those people in the plane looked scary and looked like they would kill me in the blink of an eye.

I was scared. So scared. I almost gagged from lack of food and my head being extremely painful.

I put my hands down on the cold floor and tried to stand up, almost failing to do so. As I successfully stood up a little bit of light came into view.

I was in a cell. It looked like a jail cell where all those bad people would be locked in back at the society.

Shivers went up my spine as I felt a brush of cold air all over my body. The cold air didn't make my situation any better.

I make my way to the bars of the cell while hearing my chains scrape the floor as I walk.

"Hello? Anyone there!" I shout. "I promise I mean no harm, I-I was just trying to.." I shake my head before continuing.

"Please someone just get me out of here!" I shout.

I remember in the books I'd read, they'd always negotiate something for their freedom. Bribe!

I remember my bracelet, I touched my wrist trying to look for it but couldn't find it.

"Oh no," I mutter panicking while trying to look for my bracelet around my body. It was the only memory I had of my father and mother after I had left the society for my freedom.

My trance of looking for it was then broken as I heard footsteps walking closer and closer to my cell.

I was relieved. Someone finally came.

"Thank you so much fo-" My words got caught up in my throat as I saw the man who hit me with a gun.

I backed up and my hands started to shake. I hated this feeling. I hated being scared. I wanted nothing to do with these people.

He laughs before pointing at me "Can you believe that Capo! Ha! They sent a woman to come a spy on us!"

I looked at him confused before another figure came into frame making me 10x more scared than I was.

This man's aura was absolutely terrifying. He was tall, I couldn't see him but I felt his gaze piercing on me making me feel more burnt than being out in the sun.

"Open the cell!" He orders and then 2 guards open my cell making me panic more. I back up as my back hit the wall making me fall back to the ground.

He comes close to me with a dark grin plastered on his face.

He stared at me for a few minutes then scoffed.

"I'm amused," He says while smirking "You looked so frightened, and yet I didn't do anything to you,"

"Yet." He continues before bringing out his gun and pointing it at me.

"Who are you?" He said pensively tracing the gun from my chest and stopping under my chin.

"I-" He cuts me off "And I wouldn't lie if I were you, Bellissima," He said his accent changing when he said that foreign language.

It wasn't French. And I was French so it was not.

"N-" I was about to say my real name until I forgot I said a fake name to the other man. My eyes went back to the other man and he was already looking at me with a deadly gaze.

"Alice!" I let out. I lied once again. It's not like I meant any harm to them. All they had to do was let me go and they wouldn't have to worry about me again.

He pulls the safety trigger "Lie to me again."

I look at him confused "I'm not-" He shoots my left arm making me let out a scream of agony.

Tears start pulling out of my eyes as I hold my arm. Blood was pooling out of my arm streaming as tears were also pooling out of my eyes.

He grabs my chin making me face him. "You don't wanna lie to me, especially when you're such a bad liar!" He hisses

"Now tell me who you are otherwise a bullet won't only be through your arm but through your head and oh it would be such a shame to end the life of a beautiful woman." He smirks at me darkly.

"Navea! N-Navea Brecketts!" I admit in defeat after splattering out my real name.

"Wasn't that hard was it?" He said cocking his head.

I shook my head while biting my lip as the pain in my arm was becoming more painful.

"Why did Victor send you?" He asked me.

"V-victor?" I ask confused.

His jaw clenches before his hands grip my throat making me let go of my bleeding arm and my bloody hands were on his hands trying to loosen his grip.

"Don't act stupid now! You weren't acting stupid when he sent you to spy on us on the private plane did you?" He said darkly while tightening the grip.

I felt myself slowly about to pass out until he let go of my throat.

"I swear I don't know Victor!" I blurt out.

He scoffs before pulling me up by my hair making me hiss in pain from my hair getting pulled and my arm being in extreme pain.

"Stop fucking lying!" He shouts.

I couldn't say anything. The pain all around my body was too much.

"Enzo!" He calls.

"Capo," Enzo replies

"Dì ai miei uomini di riportarla alla villa e al mio seminterrato, continueremo l'interrogatorio lì." He orders.

I didn't know anything they were saying but I could not care less. I was in complete agony here and that is what I was most focused on.

Enzo. The guy who locked me in here starts making a phone call and barks orders.

The man in front of me stares at me with a humorous grin. "I'll be having a lot of fun with you." He said until he moved out of the way and 2 bulky men came into view.

"Where are you taking me!" I panicked my heart rising faster and faster.

The men pick me up and kick them trying to get free "Let go of me!" I shout trying to make them let go of me.

One of them unchain my the chains and the other picks me up. "Stop! Please stop! Tell me where I am going, I promise I didn't do anything!" I plead while sobbing.

My sobbing became muffled as one of them put a cloth over my mouth.

My screaming became muffled and my vision started to become blurry.

"Please.." I mutter before I fall unconscious.

**
They finally meet! They will be having a lot more interaction soon.

🤍🤍🤍