Chapter 45

"What are you doing?" I looked to my right and frowned as I saw someone I hadn't seen in a while

"Gabriel?" My eyes widened as I saw him slyly entering the room like he was sneaking around.

"Navea," He lets out a breath of relief before coming closer to me. As I saw him I wanted to ask him how Martha was, even after she and I left on bad terms I still care for her— she's my best friend.

I looked at him suspiciously— something was wrong, Gabriel looked worn out and tired, "W-what? Why are you here? What's wrong?" I ask concern written all over my face.

I was walking closer to him and noticed him sweating and trembling, "Your Goddamn husband Navea," He grunted before almost collapsing.

I was quick to react and caught him, "Angelo? What did he do? Oh my god!" I gasped I saw blood drooling from his T-shirt— coming from his torso.

I started panicking and putting my hand on his wound, "What did he do?!" I shrieked as Gabriel let out another grunt.

"He- thought-" I couldn't make out the words he was saying, and it was hard to focus with him bleeding everywhere.

I tuck my hair behind my ear and try to help him stand up, "Gabriel!" I shook him as he was about to pass out, "You can't pass out, we need to get you to a doctor,"

"N-no," I gasped and frowned, "What do you mean no? You're bleeding for God's sake," I lecture him as we were standing up.

"N-not here Navea," He protests as he lets out another groan.

"We don't have a choice, just don't say anything, ok? You'll be okay," I comfort him as his weight leans on me. I groan while trying to make my way to the door, I wasn't strong, and his weight on me wasn't helping.

"He tried to kill me," He breathes out. My body tenses and my pupils start shaking. Why would Angelo try killing Gabriel? He knew that Gabriel was one of the people I cared deeply about.

I clench my jaw and look at Gabriel, "I won't let him kill you."

As soon as I reached the door busted open revealing Angelo. As soon as he saw Gabriel beside his features darkened as he draws his gun from his waistband—aiming at him.

"Get the fuck away from him Tesoro," He roars as his eyes were deadly— one glare could cut you to shreds. Gabriel was too tired and almost passed out to even move an inch.

"You get away!" I shout back while glaring back at him— I wasn't scared of him anymore, I had nothing more to lose.

His eyes went from Gabriel to me, "I told you to get away from him, Navea, he could fucking hurt you for fucks sake," He reasoned while slowly putting down the gun and trying to talk to me.

"Hurt me? Angelo, I've known him since I was a baby! How could he possibly do anything to hurt me?" I say in disbelief, he was unbelievable and such a headache.

He scoffs before taking strides closer to us, "Why the fuck are you protecting him? After he and his sister tried to kill you!"

My saliva gets stuck in my throat and I let out a choke, Angelo's face quickly turns into concern and his hands quickly reach to support me.

Gabriel was barely half-conscious and his weight was still leaning on me.

"T-that wasn't his fault," I say while my eyes stung.

"But it was his sisters," He says coldly.

I frowned, "So what if it was his sister?! You can't punish other people for the actions of somebody else!"

"With the power I have, I can," His arrogant self comes back.

"This is a life we're talking about Angelo! You can't go around killing people just because they have wronged you! One life may not be important to you, but it is to me!" I say desperately trying to let him understand.

His jaw clenches and he takes a look at Enzo, contemplating what he should do. He lets out a sigh, "Enzo!" He shouts and this entire time Enzo was behind him, I hadn't even noticed.

"Put him in one of the rooms and get one of the doctors," He orders, Enzo looks relieved and quickly holds Gabriel by his arm and takes him.

"Thank you," I say softly before sighing as the weight finally lifted from my body.

He looks at me, "Just because I let him go doesn't me I'll be gentle with him Navea. He tried hurting you, and I can't let that go."

My eyebrows furrowed before I sighed again, "I understand that, but he's family Angelo,"

"That's not enough reason for me to just let him go after what he's done." He says whole tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"How about you Angelo? Do you feel the need to be punished after everything you've done?" I asked him, just because he was more powerful than other people doesn't make it fair that other people have to be punished for their actions and not him.

His eyes darkened and he looked down, "Almost losing you was one of the biggest punishments I've ever had."

***
hi guys 😔😔 am i the only one who's seeing a sense of character development here, if this was the old angelo he would've killed gabriel in a blink of an eye.

anyways, please vote and comment thank u🤍