Chapter 32

I'm home

I'm home.

So far no sign of Angelo or presence of Angelo in this house, thank god.

I took off my coat and hung it on my arm whilst walking around the house to see if anyone was there.

I scrunch my nose as I smelt something. food? My stomach rumbled and I plastered a pout on my face before touching my stomach.

"I need food," I muttered.

I walked in the direction of the kitchen and heard the sounds of chopping on a cutting board.

That must be Gloria cooking up something for dinner.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a masculine figure, his back facing me.

I gasped.

A bit too loud.

"You're back?" His deep voice made goosebumps form on my skin.

My movements stiffened and I took a huge gulp before replying, "Yes," I said while putting my coat in one of the chairs.

"Are you expecting someone?" I ask, trying to avoid eye contact.

"You." He replied with a soft smile on his playing on his lips.

Hold up. Was this really Angelo?

"Me?"

"Yes."

Oh.

"Why me?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"Because you're my wife, and I'd like to have dinner with my wife," He said while chopping the carrots.

"I thought I was your doll?" I said while slowly fidgeting my fingers.

"Would you rather be my doll or eat?" I felt the anger slowly rise in my voice.

I sighed. I didn't want to tick him off today, especially since I have a plan currently going on with those pills.

"Eat," I said in a low voice.

I heard him sigh and stop chopping.

"Look, I realized I have been harsh on you Navea," He said softly.

I stared at him for a moment before clearing my throat.

"Like every normal married couple, I want us to get to know each other over dinner. Sounds good?" He said with a soft smile.