Chapter 39

Cold tears dropped down my cheeks as Angelo was embracing me

Cold tears dropped down my cheeks as Angelo was embracing me. I love you. Those words have never come out of him before.

I always thought he was incapable of saying those three words. The three words I never thought anyone would ever say to me. But he did.

And as he said it felt like everything that was weighing me down, lifted me up again. Like I was capable of living a happy life with this man, the man who ruined my life.

"Let go of me," I mumbled under my breath. He sighed and let go of me and I saw his eyes. It was filled with worry and love. I had never seen this look on him before.

"I-" I tried finding the words to say but instead I sighed and put my head down. I was stressed and tired. Tired of everything.

As Angelo was about the say something a nurse entered the room with a relieved look on her face, "Welcome back Mrs. Giordano," She greeted me with a warm smile, "Mr. Giordano," She bowed, "Would you like to be discharge now?" She asks.

Angelo's demeanor changed from loving to annoyed before looking at me with the same loving eyes, "Only if my wife feels better," He said.

The nurse looked at him and then me before asking me with her eyes, "Is the baby fine?" As much as it hurt me to ask, I needed to know my baby was alright.

"Your baby is very healthy ma'am! You are currently in your 7th week and so far your baby is healthy," I heard her, but the words sounded muffled to my ears.

The room stayed silent for a few seconds, "Is there anything else you'd like to know ma'am?" She asks.

I shook my head "No," I muttered while placing a hand on my belly. Angelo stood there, staring at me the whole time, his hands not getting off me.

"Well if that is all, we have now discharged you. You may leave at any time today," She notified us before leaving the room.

"Tesoro, Are you sure you are okay?" Angelo asked, making sure that I was okay before we left.

"I'm fine," No I wasn't fine at all.

Angelo opened the car door to let me get into the passenger of the car while he got into the driver's seat.

He started the car and drove off, leaving us, and the car engine to keep us company.

The car ride home was silent and he didn't utter a word, just left his eyes on the road with his sharp jawline glaring at me.

We made it home. As I was about to open the door Angelo stopped me by putting his hand on my thigh. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm not letting you walk by yourself," He said before getting out of the car and opening the door for me.

He put his hand out for me to grab, "I don't need your help," I told him before trying to get up myself.

He ignored me and carried me out of the car bridal style. My body stiffened before my hands went onto his chest, "I said I was fine," I struggled while trying to get him to let go of me.

"You keep saying you're fine but you don't look fine to me, Tesoro," He replied while we were walking through the front door.

I was struggling under his grip while we were passing by all the helpers while they looked at us with worried expressions on their faces.

My cheeks were heating up so I decided to stop moving and let Angelo carry me to the bedroom.

He softly placed me on the bed, the soft mattress slowly sinking as my weight was on it. "I could've walked myself here," I told him embarrassed.

"I wouldn't have let you walk yourself here," He replied with his eyes staring at me. The way he was looking at me was the love and attention I craved for and needed.

I needed it at the wrong time because Angelo was the only one to look at me this way. My mind was battling each other as to whether I should forgive him or not.

"I'll give you space," He spoke up softly. I looked at him before looking back down.

"I don't expect you to forgive me, but I must say, I can't live without you Navea. Bare with me," He said while looking at me with soft eyes.

Everything about him was now soft, his features softened, and the way he talked. It's probably because I was now carrying his child.

"Okay," I said coldly while shrugging my shoulders.

He took my coldness as a sign for him to leave, so he left.

I took a deep sigh and sunk into the mattress while running all possible scenarios in my head. Did he really love me? or did he love me because I was carrying his child?

The thoughts clouded my brain as I felt my body slowly submit to the numbness I was feeling. I lift my wrist. I still didn't have the bracelet that my Father gave me.

My father. Moreau? First Martha now Angelo. I'm somehow trapped into believing the two people in my life who have hurt me. Was my Father really Moreau?

I remember my bracelet had symbols on it. N and M. Were those my initials? Navea Brecketts. No. Navea Moreau.

My eyebrows furrowed as I was looking at the ceiling. My mother had lied to me all this time. Not only did she lie but my Father was the owner of the society. A horrible man that everyone would talk about.

As much as everything was clicking together I didn't believe. I couldn't. Not until I have proof.