Chapter 23

Navea Moreau

Makeup check, heels check, veil check, big puffy wedding dress check!

I never thought I'd see this day through after my encounter with Gabriel left me shocked and I wondered how he got in here anyway.

I knew how Martha got in here because they were questioning her about me, but it seemed like it was different with Gabriel. But Martha was also different, she wasn't the kind and shy Martha that I've known since we were kids.

Anyway, I don't have a choice anymore, I have fully given up on everything, Angelo can have his goddamn kids if he wants and use my body like some breeding livestock.

I wanted to cry but then I remembered, that crying was all I could do.

If it wasn't for Angelo I would probably be inside a dorm right now or in a practice room practicing ballet, I smiled at the thought.

I would've been happy, I would've been able to come back a few years for my Mom and find out how to stop that goddamn society because holding people against their own will wasn't good.

But what can I do? I can't even escape from Angelo myself, how much trying to save a bunch of people.

I sighed as the 2 ladies in the room started fixing the dress, "It's finished, ma'am," They said.

I thanked them and then they left the room leaving me alone in the bride's room, it was funny to me because I didn't even have any bridesmaids, although I'm sure Angelo hired a few people to be my bridesmaid anyway.

Someone entered the room and to my surprise, it was Angelo's father. I quickly stood up and greeted him and he smiled at me but then his smile soon dropped.

I looked confused before he pulled out a gun and aimed it at my head.

What is up with these people and pulling guns on people for god's sake?

"Woman I swear to god if you ruin this wedding or do anything that will ruin my son's reputation I will have the honor of killing you myself." He said viciously.

"I-I promise I have no intention of ruining the wedding," I said shivering because I was too scared.

"Good," He said before putting the gun back on his waistband.

"You have my blessing," He said before leaving the room.

I fell on my knees and started to sob, not ruining this wedding but my makeup.

I hate my life and now I don't care what happens to me, whether I die or not.

Angelo Giordano

"What a nice wedding, brother," Annalise said while drinking water and not wine because she was pregnant.

I grinned, "Thank you, sister," While taking a sip of some wine the waiter brought.

"So, is she gonna be the mother of your kids?" She asked while taking some pastries from the table.

"Yes, why else would I be marrying her?" I answered her ridiculous question.

"I don't know brother maybe because we know you and you love playing with women," Matteo butted in the conversation.

"Yeah, you are right brother, Angelo sure does love toying with women," Annalise and Matteo agreed with each other while Annalise winked.

I scoffed, "It's none of your business whether I am toying with my soon-to-be wife or not," I told them.

"Although I must say, you did choose good, she's absolutely beautiful," Annalise said while taking a bite of the grape.