Chapter 7

Enzo Gonzales

As our black SUV's parked in front of Moreau's mansion or castle. I step out and remove my shades. Honestly, his mansion was giving old. Fancy old.

There were vines along the walls, old-styled windows, and a huge gate. Honestly wasn't my style.

What can I say? I'm more of a modern douche. But hey, I wasn't going to judge his taste. I side-eyed his mansion before scrunching up my nose and clearing my throat.

It's the 21st century and I guess people could make their own choices. Moreau won't be making much of any choice if he decides to sabotage our deal.

My men stood behind me with their guns hanging on their chests and vests. Just in case things were to go south we needed to be prepared.

Or just in case he flanks this deal. Moreau had a reputation for backstabbing his dealers. Corrupting them, breaking the contracts. Basically just being a YOLO type of person in the worst way possible.

But he knew not to 'yolo' this. We were the biggest criminal organization and not only in the dark world but everywhere.

Capo is a very successful business. And Moreau would be stupid to cross us.

Unless he decides to yolo his fucking life he wouldn't even try to ruin this deal.

The man that was on the plane came out with a straight face before approaching me.

"Hi Mr. Gonzales, Mr. Moreau is waiting for you in his study. I must guide you to his office, oui?." He informed me while bowing.

I nod my head before following him. The gates open revealing a very old looking but maybe not so old fountain.

There were tiles in the grass leading us to the front door of the house where we were greeted by maids.

I smiled at them before winking at one that caught my eye, what also caught my eye was a bracelet she was wearing. Looked very expensive for a maid to be wearing. They must be getting paid pretty well.

We walk for a good 3 minutes before the man stops in front of a double door and clears his throat.

"Well, are we going in or not?" I asked raising my left eyebrow.

"I'm afraid, your escorts," He points at my men before looking back at me "Must wait outside."

My men were about to say something until I nodded at them meaning it's ok.

Even if this Moreau was planning something I was killing my entire life, killing assassins, mafia leaders, business owners. Moreau wouldn't be any less easy.

I walked into the office and was greeted by the smell of paper and cigars. Not a smell I was foreign to.

I saw a man smoking a cigar in a suit before turning back to me. His face formed a dark grin before saying "Mr Giordano, Nice to meet you!"

"Not Giordano. It's Gonzales." If he had read our email he'd know that it was Capo's right hand going to the meeting, not Angelo himself.

Clearly, he didn't read it or maybe he's just that old of a fuck and forgot.

"Oh I see," he clears his throat. "Mr. Gonzales, may I ask why Angelo Giordano hasn't come himself?"

I scoff "Capo does not need any excuse for you," I rolled my eyes "But he had personal business which led him to not attend this meeting."

He muttered a silent 'aw' "That's a shame. I would've loved to meet him after all the rumors I heard of how ruthless he is."

"Well surprise surprise the rumors are true!" I said waving my hands in the air and smiling sarcastically.