Chapter 22

Unknown POV

"I see her," I focus on the bride through the sniper scope.

"It's your call, fire when you're ready," He says through the earpiece.

"Oh, I am ready alright," I mutter while slowly pushing the trigger.

She started reciting her vows and just right before the bride and broom were gonna kiss ...

Bang!

Navea Moreau

My blurry vision soon became visible as I was adjusting to the rays of sunlight beaming through the room.

That's when I realized a weight on my waist, suddenly last night's events flooded my memory and panic made its way all over my body.

I take a deep breath and then slowly remove the blanket on top of me while trying desperately not to make any noise.

"You're awake," a husky voice, Angelo's voice I must say said, and I wanted to kill myself right now because I failed to do the one thing I didn't want to do:

Make noise.

"I'm asleep," I said fooling him, It was probably a bad decision to do as I recall last night's events - he tried to drown me.

All of a sudden I felt his hot breath breathing near my ear making all the senses in my body tingle.

"Doesn't seem like it." He said while doing that weird thing he does when he's breathing me, almost like I'm his air if that makes any sense.

"You do know you can't see the bride 24 hours before the wedding," I said sarcastically while keeping my body in the same position not wanting to move a muscle.

"Are those the rules?"

"Yes."

"They're not my rules," He stated while placing a kiss on my ear.

I scoff, "What are your rules then? Drowning your fiancé before she even becomes your wife?"

"You and your big mouth," He traced my shoulders with his fingers, "You will be using a for a whole different reason in a month."

I stayed silent not wanting to say a word now, you know, I don't know what it is but every time I and Angelo have a simple conversation it always ends up with me wanting to slap him in the face, again.

The weight in the bed shifted, assuming he got out of the bed, "Since you want to use your traditions for the wedding then I'll be in the other room, we won't have to see each other until you walk down the aisle."

And for the first time, he was being considerate and I appreciated it.

"Thank you," I said and he nodded as he was tying the buttons of his suit and left the room.

I sighed before laying down and thinking about the possibilities of what could happen today, I have a zero percent chance of wussing out of this marriage now.

But then it occurred to me, Martha. She could still be here - possibly somewhere around this gigantic mansion.

I looked at the clock on the bedside table and it was currently 10 AM, okay so I had about 2 hours to find her before the stylist came and styled me.

I quickly got out of the covers and went straight to the door, I put my ear on the door to check if I could hear anything through it but gladly I didn't hear anything.

I twisted the door knob and to my surprise, it was unlocked. I opened it and I saw Gloria and Anna in the hallway making me silently curse and get back inside the room.