Chapter 35

Tears were dripping out of my eye sockets while I was curled into a ball

Tears were dripping out of my eye sockets while I was curled into a ball. I felt disgusted at myself, I took someone's life.

More tears burst out as I realized what I had just done, my consciousness couldn't handle this. Killing somebody, no. Taking their life away from them when it wasn't mine to take.

And I did it just so Anna wouldn't die. At the end of the day, I was just like Angelo and his goons, killing somebody just so that somebody I cared deeply for wouldn't die in their place.

The man I killed probably had people who cared about him deeply too, He could've been a Father or someone's Husband.

I wince at my thoughts and cry even harder. I started to hyperventilate and I felt like the air was getting sucked out of my lungs.

I'm a disgusting human being.

I felt someone's presence in the room. I didn't want to know who it was so I avoided looking up and just closed my eyes and sniffled.

"I'm so sorry Navea," I heard Anna say sympathetically.

It wasn't her fault. It was Angelo's.

"It's not your fault," I reassured her while keeping my head on my knees, feeling numb.

I heard something shuffle and there was a box in front of me. I frowned and slowly put my head up.

"The pills," She shrugged while giving me a sad smile.

I looked at the pills and with shaking hands, I took them and looked at Anna, "Thank you." I said gratefully.

There was no way I was gonna give him a baby now. I didn't want my baby to be raised in an environment like this where people have to be violent and kill all the time.

She rubbed my back and tried consoling me, I looked at her with tears in my eyes before wiping them and sniffing.

"Am I a bad person?" My voice cracked as I asked her that question.

She looked at me with sad eyes before pulling me into a big, tight hug. "No!" She said while bursting into tears, "You saved my life Navea, you're not a bad person."

"You're the kindest person I know. No matter what you think of yourself, even after what you have done today, you'll always be a good person Navea." She said with sincerity in her voice.

I was locked in place while hugging her, not wanting to let go. "I miss my mom," I cried out on her shoulder.

"It's okay," She whispered in my ear while rubbing my back.

We stayed in the room talking to each other for a bit, while she tried cheering me up. She left the room and I was left here again with my own thoughts.

I wanted to talk to my mother again, so badly. I used my remaining strength to get up from the bed and I walked to the desk, I pulled the chair back and took a seat on it. I pulled the drawers trying to look for paper and a pen.

Finally finding a pen and paper I took it out and started writing on the pen.

Dear Mom,

It's me, your daughter, Navea. Mom I'm so sorry, you are probably worried sick about me and are wondering where I am. I don't know where I am. I'm lost, still trying to figure out who I am. I haven't had the best time since I left but I'm trying to keep myself together before I break. I'm struggling Mom, and all I can think about is how much I miss you and your hugs and your delicious food. I wish you were here with me. I wish that I never left. I know I'm the worst daughter ever, and now I am paying the consequences of leaving you for my own selfish desires. I'm so sorry Mommy. Please forgive me, if I had a chance to go back to you I would take that chance. Please be happy, and don't forget about me, mama. Love,

Navea Brecketts.

I single tear dropped from my eyes as I stopped writing. I folded the paper and wrote where we lived.

Paris France, Pérouges. 418 The society.

As I was folding the paper the door opened making me flinch. I quickly hid the paper inside my shirt and got up from the chair and tucked my hair behind my ears.

Angelo was back, he held a box or something in his hands while walking closer to me. My heart skipped a beat while slowly backing away and sitting in the bed.

He took a deep sigh before saying, "I'm sorry," He apologized. But he didn't seem sorry at all.

"You're sorry?" I scoffed while avoiding eye contact with him.

"Is there anything else you want me to say?" He said, with his arrogant and cocky demeanor.

"Sorry doesn't change the fact that you made me take a life," I said numbly, remembering what I had done.

His mouth formed a thin line, "You are my wife-"

"I never wanted to be your wife!" I shouted at him, tears falling out of my eyes.

His eyes darkened and his behavior went from arrogant and cocky, to scary. Not just scary. Absolutely terrifying.

He dropped the things in his hand and took strides towards me before gripping my neck with his hands, choking me.

"You never wanted to my fucking wife, huh?" He said darkly while choking me tighter and tighter making me gasp for air.

"Listen to what I have to fucking say Navea, because whether you fucking like it or not, you would've been my wife," He said while going closer to my ear.

I was completely gasping for air, I had no air in my lungs at this point.

"Your daddy was gonna sell you to me anyway, either way, you would've been fucking stuck with me. Your dreams, whatever you wanted to do were always meant to be crushed the moment you were born because you were born to be my wife. You, Navea Moreau, are mine and only mine." He hissed.

All my thoughts and mind were focused on that one thing he said. Moreau?

Before anything else happened everything, My vision was filled with black dots until everything went black.

thank u so much for reading! hope u enjoyed. also thank you so much 20k!!