Chapter 33

I was awake, staring at her as she was sleeping

I was awake, staring at her as she was sleeping. I noticed the small little details on her face like the little freckles she had, but they weren't noticeable.

I could stare at her all day. She was making me feel things that I'd never thought I'd ever feel for someone. Was this love? I didn't know because I was foreign to this feeling.

She looked exhausted. Her long eyelashes batted out, her mouth parted a few centimeters as her chest was heaving up and down. She was so damn beautiful.

My phone started to ring and I quickly got up and answered the call. "Sí?" I asked while laying my back on the bed frame. "Capo?" Enzo replied.

I sighed annoyed, "What is the problem Enzo? Why the fuck are you calling me?" My thumb was so damn close to pressing the 'end' button.

"I caught Anna buying birth control pills," He said through the phone. I stayed silent for a moment, "Why do I need to know this fucking information? Do you think I care if my goddamn servants were buying pills?"

"It wasn't for her," He said before taking a deep breath and continuing, "It's for your wife," He said.

A smirk formed on my lips as I faced Navea watching her sleeping soundly. I didn't think she'd have the guts to pull any more maneuvers, I guess I was wrong. She's more like her father after all.

My lips formed a thin line before answering Enzo, "Bring the pills to my office at 9." I ordered before getting out of the bed. I put on a T-shirt and sweatpants before heading downstairs to my office.

As soon as I opened my door I saw Enzo sitting on one of the chairs with the pills on the table.

I scoffed before taking the pills and staring at them, after she had signed the damn contract she decided to fucking break it by preventing us from bearing a child.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I said while tossing the pills to Enzo, "What am I gonna do with these?" He asked dumbfounded.

"Replace them," I said coldly. I felt mad, and doubled crossed. After the sweet moment we had last night I didn't think she'd do anything to deceive me.

"Roger that," He said before getting up from his seat, "And I supposed you've dealt with Anna?" I said, staring at his back.

He stayed still for a moment before clearing his throat and turning back at me, "You can deal with her, Capo." He said before leaving my office.

Anna. Knowing her and her mother they both valued their life, what didn't tick me is how Anna had the nerve to get the contraceptives for her.

I shook my head in disappointment before hissing. I had to do something about Anna and Navea's friendship if they continue to pull shit like this again.

Gloria was one of my best staff, I even offered her and her daughter to stay here because I trusted both of them enough to live in my home while the rest of my maids lived in their own quarters. But now, Anna was slowly breaking my trust and I had to do something about that.

I opened my safe and took Navea's bracelet out. I held it in the air while staring at it, thinking about what I should do.

I needed Navea trained, and prepared for this world that I've put her in by tying the knot with her. And using Anna was the perfect way to get her to obey me.

I put the bracelet back in the safe and took my phone out. I rang one of my bodyguards and was patiently waiting for them to pick up while tapping my foot on the ground.

They finally picked up the phone. "Yes, Capo?" They asked, "If you value your life, next time you better pick up the damn phone the moment I ring it," I said angrily through the phone.

"Sorry Capo," He said apologetically through the phone. "Bring one of Rivera's men to the backyard," I ordered while leaning back in my chair and resting my feet on the table.

"May I ask why, Capo? The man is already so close to dying." He asked, "Just bring him to the backyard, and bring different weapons," I said.

My wife will be finishing the job herself instead.

I ended the call and placed my phone on the table. I rested my head back while closing my, trying to relax. Not even a few minutes and my phone rang again.

I groaned and took my phone again, before answering I checked who it was. Unknown caller.

I answered the call suspiciously, "Who is this?"

"Nice to see you too, son-in-law," I heard the old man talk through the phone.

Victor.

A smirk formed on my face before pulling my chair closer to my desk and resting my elbow on my desk and my chin on my palm.

"Still waiting for my heir I see," I said, trying to tick him off.

"I'm surprised my daughter agreed to marry you, after all, she slipped right through my fingers because she didn't want to marry," He said pensively.

"I have my ways," I replied.

"Let me and Navea's mother talk to her," He said, "That's not up to me to decide but your daughter," I said.

"In fact, she doesn't even know she's your daughter. Does she?" I said sarcastically while imagining his head blowing off from his body.

"Watch your tone, Giordano, I can easily break the oath I swore to you by paper and you won't have your business," He said trying to threaten me.

I scoffed, "Have you forgotten who you're talking to? Victor, I'm more powerful than you despite how many alliances you have, and not only that, but I have your daughter. I can easily kill your entire lineage with a blink of an eye before you know it."

The other line of the phone stayed silent for a moment before I heard him sigh through the phone leaving a satisfied grin on my face.

"I just want to make sure Navea is okay," He said, changing his entire demeanor.

"She's better than ever Moreau,"

hello! thank u for reading! it has been a minute since i wrote angelo's pov

hello! thank u for reading! it has been a minute since i wrote angelo's pov. but besides i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. xoxo