Chapter 43

I'm a fucking bastard

I'm a fucking bastard. I watched my wife as she was sleeping with her mouth slightly parted and her hair messy.

Yesterday I fully realized how much I messed her up, when her bitter smile turned mine upside down, the heartbreak in her voice when she told me how I had given her no choice.

I was fully aware of how much of a motherfucker I am. It wasn't my father's fault for making me like this but my fault.

Navea didn't want to be alone, and I being the only person who was there, she sought comfort from the wrong person, me.

I knew she wouldn't forgive me, after everything I'd done to her. But she was lonely, and I was the only person here to give her the comfort of having someone by her side and I'll always be by her side, even if she pushes me away.

I wasn't going to play her, I wanted to show her the love she deserves, she's an innocent soul who was captured by the devil, me.

I watched her as she was sleeping, looking peaceful, I wanted her to feel that with me, I wanted to give her the peaceful life she deserved.

I got closer to her before softly kissing her forehead and pulling the blanket closer to her body to cover her up more.

I grabbed my phone on the bedside table and saw a message from Enzo, my best man. It's been more than a month since I asked him to look into the murder of the priest at our wedding.

Whoever ruined our wedding was smart otherwise it wouldn't have taken Enzo more than a month to figure it out.

I slowly got off the bed making sure not to wake Navea up and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

As soon as I was done I left the room and softly closed it back before walking in the hallway.

One of the maids was cleaning the windows and as soon as they saw me their body language changed—tensed. I stop in my tracks and glare at her.

"Once my wife wakes up give her anything she needs, follow her orders, even if she asks you to shoot yourself," I ordered her firmly.

The maid's eyes quivered and she quickly nodded before wiping the window faster.

I made my way downstairs till I reached my office— I opened the door and saw Enzo with files in his hands.

"I see you've figured out who it is," My face forms a thin line, although I was not satisfied with his punctuality I'm just happy that he finally got it done.

Enzo's smile soon turned into a frown before taking the USB from my desk and showing it to me, "I've got back all the CCTV footage after they'd been deleted— I thought it was impossible because whoever hacked the system was a professional, more than a professional— too good for their own good." He says while shaking his body and taking the laptop.

"Too good that it took more than a month to get the footage back?" I ask in disbelief and impressed.

I make my way over to the desk and sit on the chair while tapping my foot on the ground waiting for the laptop to load up.

"Why the fuck is it taking so long," I say pissed off while taking the laptop off Enzo's hands and clicking the space bar.

Surprisingly it finished loading and Enzo looked at me baffled, "I should do that more often," He said shocked that my pressing the space bar worked.

I ignored him and opened the file the USB was located in— I clicked it and 3 videos popped up. "I'm gonna catch whoever this fucker is." Although I was impressed by the way they sneaked around and hacked our system, I was more mad than impressed.

I played the first video and paid attention closely, "It was a woman?" Enzo says in shock and disbelief while he looks closely at the video.

My jaw clenched as I watched the video, her back facing the camera and her Jett black shining in the camera as her eye was on the scope of the sniper.

"How the fuck did she get into the house?" I ask pissed off, clearly one of our security men had fucked up and I'd happily get rid of whoever it was.

That's when the realization dawned on me. She looked familiar, I'd seen her before. That's when a man popped into the frame. That's when my suspicions grew wider.

"Who the fuck—" I cut Enzo off, "Let me fucking focus,"

"Sorry, Capo." He apologizes quickly before keeping his mouth shut.

Suddenly as she was about the shoot the man pushed the gun making her miss her shot— That's why the priest was shot.

"She wasn't aiming for the priest," I mumble while paying close attention to the video. Suddenly the woman turned around—revealing her face.

I pause the video and zoom on her face. Enzo's body tensed as if he couldn't believe what he had just seen, "What is it Enzo?" I ask him while I watch him.

"No fucking way," He curses under his breath before running his palm down his face, "I gave her too much freedom and this is what she does!" He hisses.

"Gave who too much Enzo?" I ask with my anger slowly rising. He should've been more fucking careful if he was gonna let someone roam around my house where my wife lives.

"Your wife is the one who told me to give her more freedom!" He argued—defending himself while putting his hands up.

My anger soothed as he mentioned my wife, "It was Martha Capo," He revealed while looking at the video, "And that's her brother."

My jaw clenched, no wonder why Martha looked so fucking familiar, I thought she looked like someone I knew but I guess I was wrong.

"Why the fuck would they be trying to kill someone at my fucking wedding?" I ask aggravated by their attempt.

"They both work for Moreau— My prediction is that they were trying to aim for you." A scoff escaped my lips before a devilish smirk formed my lips.

So Victor Moreau was trying to take action by hiring a hit man for marrying his daughter? Wasn't it he who asked me to marry so that I'd inherit his fortune?

I loved playing games, especially with my enemies—but then my mind drifted off to Navea— I didn't want to do anything that would hurt her, not anymore.

I clicked the next video and my eyes slowly widened as I saw Navea in the video, tied to the bed.

My hands formed into a fist and my jaw clenched, "What the fuck?" I hissed before taking the laptop and smashing it on the floor.

Enzo didn't flinch or move, he looked just as mad as I was, "So it was Navea they were after?" Enzo says in disbelief before sighing.

"That doesn't make any fucking sense, why the fuck would he have someone kill his daughter?" My eyes were deceiving me, as much as I didn't want to believe it, there was a bigger picture here I wasn't seeing.

My eyes darkened, it didn't matter if there was a bigger picture, what matters is what happened and that is what fucking happened.

"Where's Martha?" I ask Enzo like prey hunting it's predator. She fucking pissed me off and not only that but she tried hurting Navea, and God knows what I'd do to those who hurt her.

"She left Washington weeks ago, after Navea had let her go—" Enzo says but then continues, "But her brother is still here, he was training to be one of our men, one of the most promising."

A devilish smirk formed on my lips, "Bring him to the basement."