Chapter 10

Navea Brecketts

I woke up in a foreign bedroom. This time I wasn't in the dark, scary, creepy cell but now in an actual bedroom.

I blink repeatedly adjusting to the light in the room and try to pull myself up from the bed but then feel a sharp pain in my left arm.

I hiss before looking at my left arm. It was plastered. Where that man shot it was covered but it bruised the rest of my arm leaving some parts purple.

I felt so much pain. I was hungry, and my head was still throbbing and the pain on my arm didn't do any help either.

I got out of bed and I was still wearing the same clothes I've worn for almost 3 days now. But my hoodie was torn as the doctor yesterday cut it trying to fix my arm.

The thought of yesterday made me get goosebumps and made me tear up a little bit. I was so scared and I didn't want to be here.

I started regretting ever leaving the society to begin with. I wanted to be back with my mom where I felt safe. I wanted to hug and I wanted her to comfort telling me everything was alright.

She was the best mom but our different mindsets and opinions made us drift further apart from each other.

I single tear drops from my eye and I wipe it and let out a little sniff.

I wanted to get out of here. I didn't care if I had to sneak out, although I didn't want to die there was no guarantee that they were gonna let me out of here so that was the only choice I had.

None of them believed me when I said I didn't work for Victor or Moreau or whatever his name was.

I was frustrated because all I wanted to do was escape but then I ended up getting trapped somewhere else.

I laughed. I was so stupid. What was I thinking trying to get out of there in the first place, now I am paying for the consequences of my actions.

I started to realize I was selfish for trying to leave, leaving my mom behind and everything to try and start a true real life for myself and do what I wanted.

I probably would've been more safe in Mr. Louie's than I was leaving.

I sigh and look at the door. Maybe I could get out after all? I walk to the door and pull the knob but the knob wouldn't fully turn.

I frown. It was locked. Of course, they locked me in here. To them, I was a spy.

There was another door, maybe that one was unlocked? I pray that it was as I slowly twisted the knob and my heart started beating faster with joy when it fully twisted.

My smile then dropped when it was a bathroom.

I sighed in disappointment before walking into the bathroom. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before getting the courage to look at myself in the mirror.

And I thought I couldn't get any uglier. My hair was frizzed up, my eyes had eye bags and my eyes were all red, and my lips were dry from the lack of water.

I looked at my neck and it had hand marks 2 different hand marks. 1 from Enzo and the other from the mysterious guy.

I was really scared of them and I didn't want to encounter them again. I'd rather die than see their dark eyes and smirks again.

The thought of them torturing me again made me sob and I put my hands on the sink to keep my balance.

I don't know why they are so convinced that I am a spy. If I saw myself I wouldn't think I was a spy. I had no intention of hurting them and I couldn't even if I wanted to.