Chapter 36

Fuck

Fuck. My body froze as I was holding Navea in my arms. Why wasn't she moving? I felt my heart slowly sink.

I carried Navea in bridal style and busted out of the room, "Enzo!" I shouted, echoing the entire villa while I walked down the stairs with Navea's body in my hands.

Another door burst open and Enzo walked out with an alert expression on his face, "Capo? What happened?" He asked while putting on his shirt.

"Start up one of the cars!" I ordered him urgently while looking at Navea. He grasped the situation quickly and ran to the garage.

I slammed the front door open and waited in the front for Enzo, I felt like I was gonna go fucking insane if Navea wasn't okay.

What the fuck is wrong with me. I was blinded by anger and rage and I didn't realize that the consequences of my actions would get Navea into this state.

I felt like my world was slowly crumbling with the thought of her not being okay.

"Che cazzo ti sta prendendo così tanto," I muttered under my breath while Enzo pulled up.

I entered the car, watching for Navea's head making sure I don't accidentally hit her, "What the fuck took you so fucking long?" I hissed while looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"Sorry Capo, I had to alert the other bodyguards to follow us," He apologized. "Just fucking go!" I ordered him while holding Navea tighter.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered into her ear while tucking her hair behind her ear and caressing her cheek.

I watched her the entire time we were in the car. I wasn't taking my eyes off her. That's when a paper fell out of her shirt. I furrowed my brows while the car was moving.

Quickly my attention shifted from the paper to Navea because I only cared about getting her to this hospital.

Her body wasn't moving at all. That's when I was feeling some sort of feelings in me. Was it remorse? It was eating me to the point I felt like I couldn't live with what I had just done to her.

The car stopped and quickly got out of the car and walked through the hospital doors, "Get me a doctor! Fast," I shouted to the point the entire place echoed.

A few nurses and doctors came bringing a bed. "Get her to unit 5!" The doctor yelled as I placed her on the bed while they strolled her into one of the rooms.

My hands were clasped together and I put them over my head, running my hands through my hair as I was stressing out, "Please be okay," I mumbled in distress as I felt my heart clutch in my chest.

I sat on the chair with my elbows on my knees and my head on my hands while furiously tapping my foot on the ground waiting for the doctor to tell me that she was okay.

I sat in for a few minutes until a doctor came out of Navea's room with a pen and paper in his hands. I quickly stood up and ran in his direction.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" I ask with worry in my voice, "Sir, she's fine. There's no need to worry,"

"I will know she's damn fine when I fucking see her," I growled walking in the direction of Navea's room.

"Sir, for legal reasons, we need to know what happened to her," He said. I scoffed and looked back at him, "That's none of your fucking business," I said angrily.

"But sir-"

"If you wanna keep your fucking job then stick your nose into your own business and let me see my goddamn wife!" I hissed at him getting annoyed.

I walked into Navea's room and saw her lying down on the bed with an IV stick beside her attached to her hand.

The nurse put the blanket on top of her before looking at the monitor. Her heart was beating at a regular pace and I sighed with relief before walking next to her.

"Thank god you're okay," I told her while tucking her hair behind her ear, "I wouldn't know what to do if I found out you weren't," I said softly while touching her soft ginger lock and sliding it down to her cheek.

"Is there anything I need to know?" I asked the nurse angrily, mad that she was still in the room.

She cleared her throat, "She shows signs of severe malnutrition," She came closer before pulling Navea's hair away revealing her neck, "She also shows signs of being strangled," My jaw clenched while looking at the mark of my hand on her neck. I couldn't imagine Navea being strangled by anyone else, and yet I'm the one who did that to her.

"It's not good for her, or the baby," She said.

My body stiffened and my eyes averted to the nurse, "Baby?" I faltered, "Yes, she's 2 weeks pregnant. I suggest she eat well if she wants a healthy pregnancy,"

She was pregnant. Not only did I almost kill her but I almost killed my child, our child. "You're dismissed," I told her and the nurse left the room.

I took my phone and dialed Enzo. He immediately picked up the phone, "Enzo, drive back home and tell the maids to pack some clothes for Navea. She will be staying in the hospital for a few days," I ordered him, "Sì, Capo,"

I ended the call before taking a seat on the chair beside Navea's bed. I took her hand and placed a kiss before putting it down softly and putting my head down.

Hello! Thank you for reading. Also, I personally love this chapter as Angelo finally realizes how harsh he has been on her and he develops newer feelings as he is slowly getting the character development he needs.