Chapter 41

[ flashback ]

[ flashback ]

*tw smut*

"I assure you, Mama, I plan to marry a fine young gentleman. Sir Tinkleberry perhaps." The young lady assures her mother as they were walking in the streets of Paris.

The young lady seemed hesitant about the thought of marrying a man quite older than her. But the young lady couldn't care less. Her Mother wanted her to marry, so she shall.

"That's exactly what I want to hear from you, Agatha!" "You will make the Brecketts proud and prominent in society," the mother exclaimed- Holding her daughter dearly while placing a peck on her cheek.

Although, Agatha did not seem happy. Maybe she cared about who she would like to marry after all? Maybe she was overthinking it. After all true love doesn't exist in the society- Only a fool would believe that one would find someone they adore, or fancy in these thin walls.

"Sir. Tinkleberry?" Christa scoffed as the handmaiden tightened her corset, "I'm sure there are many fine young gentlemen out there,"

"There are- but I choose not to- Mama chooses Sir. Tinkleberry and I are in no place to object to my mother's wishes," Agatha being an obedient child, refuses to defy her Mother.

Every young man in the community looked up to Agatha as their ideal woman. Small waist and petite-the ideal proportions for any man. And her appearance-oh, you have no idea how just her delicate yet powerful features can make any man drop to their knees.

"You are a fool if you think that Mr. Tinkleberry will be a good spouse," Christa rolled her eyes as the handmaiden kept pulling tighter and tighter on her corset.

"I may be a fool, but I couldn't care less about having a good spouse. All I want is to make Mama happy," Agatha smiled at the thought of her Mother being happy while doing embroidery.

"Oh, Agatha," Christa said in awe while the handmaiden tied her corset in place and walked over to Agatha- Snatching her embroidery from her hands, "When are you going to realize that it's your life? It's up to you to make yourself happy, not to make others happy. They can do that for themselves," Christa reasoned, trying to persuade Agatha that she didn't need to marry a man just for her Mothers's happiness.