Chapter 12

Navea Moreau

The day went by quickly. I was looking outside the entire time as I watched the sunset and the moon rise.

And yes I tried other ways to escape here, like that window. It's bolted shut, there is no way for me to get out of here and it frustrates me.

I watch the cold night breeze blow through the trees and a small smile plastered on my lips. It reminded me of my old room back at the society.

Oh how I miss being back there

As much as I didn't love the ideas my mother had for me there it was far better being there than here.

It had been 3 days since I last saw that man that shot me in the arm and since then Anna and her mother have been taking care of me.

I look at the desk on my right and see the tray of untouched food lying there. I sigh before scratching my head.

My body was growing weaker and weaker every day from not eating and it's not that I don't want to eat. I can't.

Being here disgusts me. Knowing that I was in the hands of people who could kill made me sick to my stomach and made me feel nauseous.

I didn't want to be. No.

My trance was soon broken when I heard keys unlocking my door, I expected it to be Anna so I didn't bother much but then someone unexpected came into view.

The man from the cell. My breathing started to become faster as he was staring at me like I was his prey.

I quickly stand up from bed and look over the bedside table to find anything I can protect myself with.

My hands soon lie on a remote, for the air con. My hands swiftly grabbed it and I aimed at him showing him that I was gonna throw it if he stepped any foot closer to me.

"G-get away from me!" I shout while slowly starting to hyperventilate.

He scoffs before leaning on the door frame and I can see the smug look on his face. He knows I'm scared of him, and the look on his face makes it look like he likes the thought that I am scared of him.

"It's crazy to think that someone as small as you think that they can even challenge someone as big as me." He said amusingly while walking closer and closer to me.

My hands started to shake and I did the only thing I could think of. I threw the remote at me at saw it land on his bicep and I heard him let out a grunt as I was running towards the bathroom.

Before I could make it to the bathroom a large pair of hands grabbed my waist. "You really didn't wanna do that." He whispered darkly into my ear.

My body tensed as I felt his breath brush through my ears. The smell of mint and cigarettes. I wasn't foreign to this smell because this is how most of the men back in the society would usually smell.

He pushed me down to the bed and I looked back up at him while balancing on my elbows breathing hard with some strands of my hair on my face.

"Così fottutamente bella" He whispered. His eyes screamed something I was not familiar with. I felt a tension that I was foreign to.

The room became so quiet that you could hear how fast my heart was beating.

He comes closer and wipes the strands of hair away from my face before saying, "You really don't know anything, hmm?" He said while his hand was cupping my cheek.

I looked at him while frowning "I already told you, I-" I take a deep breath before continuing "I don't know anything." I said

He smirks before his grip become harsher making me wince. "What are you actually hiding?" He said.

"Please," I breathe out.

"You know you keep begging me but I have no plan ever releasing you." He stated.

That sentence he said made me freeze in my spot. My eyes started forming tears and my vision was almost blurry.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I'm curious about you Navea." He said whispering near my lips.

I blink slowly and the tears slowly fall down my cheeks to his hand. His smirk never left his face. He was enjoying all this. Keeping me captive.

"I already told you, I have nothing to do with this," I said looking around before stopping at his eyes.

"There's nothing to be curious about, what could you possibly want to do with me," I said in a low voice.

"You tell me there is nothing to be curious about yet your eyes tell me something different Tesoro." He said while looking deeply into my eyes.

The main question that was in the center of my head was 'Why did he care?' I do not know him and he does not know me.

"I don't understand, you shouldn't simply care that much. The plane was just a misunderstanding I promise you."

"You do know the fact that you were in my plane without permission means you were trespassing." He said.

"Trespassing is a crime, and I can easily report you to the police and they will surely lock you behind bars." He said with a dark smirk across his face.

I look down before saying "I-I am sorry for going into your plane without permission! Please don't report me!" I said with my eyes closed and tears running down.

He lifted my chin before saying "Then I have a deal for you." He said with a convincing tone.

I looked at him confused before I looked at him with hope in my eyes. If he was willing to strike a deal then maybe I can get out of here after all.

"You will marry me."