Chapter 38

It's been a day since Navea almost jumped out of the window

It's been a day since Navea almost jumped out of the window. My heart still clenches every time I think of it. It was crazy how I didn't care about her, that I was harsh on her.

But now that all has changed, ever since her unconscious body was in my arms. All the memories flash back with my mother as it happened.

I took a heartbreaking sigh while resting my hands on my head. What the fuck was wrong with me? My father was everything I hated. but now I was him. I was everything I fucking hated.

Navea's index finger moved, making me switch my attention to her. She had been asleep for a day now, the doctor had advised that it was best for her condition as she needed a lot of rest.

A small whimper escaped her lips as her eyes were slowly opening. How I wanted to kiss those lips and feel the same way it did when I first kissed her.

But would it be the same way for her? I had no clue. But I couldn't let her go, no fucking way.

I stayed silent as I was letting her body adjust, she was slowly waking up but it was like she didn't know she was conscious again.

"Angelo?" She whispered while her eyes were squinting. My eyes lit up as I watched her but her eyes quickly widened when she realized I was there.

"Angelo!" She said in alert while her body jumped up, now in a sitting position. "Navea, it's me, I promise I won't hurt you," I assured her softly while touching her arm and encouraging her to lay back down because she needed rest.

"I don't believe you," She breathed out as her chest started heaving up and down like she was gonna have a panic attack.

"Look, if I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't have stopped you from jumping off the damn window," I told her while caressing her hair trying to help her calm down.

She looked deeply into my gray eyes before closing her eyes again and taking a deep breath.

That's when another realization dawned on her again and she looked at me with watery eyes, "A-am I really preg-" Her voice cracked and she couldn't finish her sentence.

"You are," I confirmed the existence of our child.

"This is all your fault," Her tears turned into angry tears before pushing me away from her, but I didn't budge.

My jaw clenched but I didn't say anything, instead, I let her hit me.

Her eyes widened and her mouth opened when I didn't hit her back, "Why won't you hit me back?" She shouted while hitting me again.

"Hit me!" She hit my chest. Both of her feet landed on the ground and she hit me again, "I told you to hit me back Angelo!" She hit me with tears streaming out of her eyes.

As much as she was provoking me, I let her hit me, because I deserved it. I deserved more than to be hit. I wanted to fucking die because of what I had almost done to her.

She hit me over and over again while shouting the words 'hit me' but as soon as she realized I wasn't going to hit her, her hands slid down my chest while her head was in my chest crying.

As she was slowly sliding down, I finally moved the muscles on my body and pulled her into an embrace.

"Hit me if you need and I won't do anything. Hit me a hundred times if you must," I told her while I let her cry in my embrace.

"Let your anger out on me, Navea," After all everything that had happened was my fault.

I had stripped away the dreams of an 18-year-old girl who had a life ahead of her.

"It wouldn't change anything." She spoke up while pulling out of my embrace and fully standing up, "No matter how many times I've hit you, Angelo, it won't undo the pain you have caused me!"

"And now this child will bear the same pain, possibly even worse because you are the Father,"

Anger flashed in my eyes and my fists clenched, but I kept my calm. "I would never do anything to hurt my child," I told her, "Including the mother of my child."

That's when I felt my body drop on my knees about to beg, beg this beautiful woman and ask her for forgiveness.

"Please, Navea. Don't hurt yourself," I held her and took her palm while placing a kiss on it, "I had never felt these emotions for anyone else, the moment I saw you I was allured by your beauty, you were too beautiful that I want to keep and claim you as mine. And in doing so I have hurt you, for my selfishness and my desires. I couldn't imagine you getting hurt by anyone, but by the end, I was the one hurting you," I apologized with remorse for everything that I had done to her.

"Please baby, forgive me," I tilted my head up looking into her eyes begging her to forgive me.

"I never thought I'd feel the way you make me feel Navea, from the moment you caught my eyes, I didn't wanna believe it, I didn't wanna believe that someone would make me feel anything besides resentment and anger, and you Navea, you showed me that I could love someone. I love you so fucking much that I would fucking die for you." I said with a soft smile on my face.

"Give me a chance to make it up to you,"

Navea's body was in shock. She looked at me like she had just seen a pig that could fly.

"I-" She stuttered trying to find the right words the say, "I can't Angelo! I don't think I can live forever with the person who ruined my life,"

"I promise I'll do anything to make it up to you for my selfish desires. Just don't leave me," I whispered coming closer to her, my hand wrapping around her waist while the other was tucking her hair strands behind her ear.

I love her. Her breath, her body, her soul—everything—felt perfect for mine. I was never ready to let her go. And while I was selfish, my love for her outweighed my selfishness. More than I ever anticipated, she was what I needed.

"I love you," I confessed, whispering the 3 simple words with heavy meaning behind them.

Love. That's what I felt, a bastard like me was never capable of love. But she changed that—she's changing me. I'm willing to do anything to give her the love she deserves, for her and our child.