Chapter 14

Angelo Giordano

I took one of my chains and chained her into bed so she wouldn't pull any of those stunts. I didn't think she would have the courage to try and escape after she saw what I was capable of.

Meaning, I would have to discipline her. Once we are married I will have to punish her. So that she will learn not to escape because well, she can't.

I called Enzo to check if he had found some information about her mom so that we could use it as leverage against her.

But even if she said no to this marriage I would marry her and she will have to accept it. I don't know why but I am attracted to her in some kind of why.

No, I didn't love her, I wasn't capable of love. She would just be my little toy, my queen, and the mother of my children. But I would have no feelings for her at all.

This was all just arranged and she was just the perfect bait.

My phone rang and I picked it up "Unless you are calling me because you have found information about her mother then I am not interested." I said to Enzo on the other side of the phone.

"Capo, I've found better." He said making me smirk and feel more interested.

"Go on, continue," I said.

"We've found information on how she got into the plane." He said before continuing.

"I will come by your office at 7 p.m. with all the files." He said.

"Make sure you are here on time," I said before hanging up.

I looked at Navea and saw her shift uncomfortably. She looked gorgeous as fuck. She was a beauty, a rare kind of beauty. Her innocence allured me making her the most perfect woman I've ever laid my eyes on. I couldn't have picked a better mother for my children and a better queen for my empire.

Having sex was nothing to me but science, no feelings, no nothing, just 2 human species having sex to form another human into this world. That was the cycle of life.

With Navea it would be nothing but us doing what we needed to for me to get an heir. She would have to agree to it one way or another.

I get out of the room and make sure to lock the door. I saw Gloria walking through the hallway coming in this direction.

"Gloria," I start with a mad tone because she wasn't careful enough when Navea got out.

"Sorry sir, I promise I'll be more careful next time." She said with her head down while holding the bandages towels and toiletries.

"You're lucky I won't be punishing you, but if something like this happens again it won't go unpunished," I warned her.

She nodded her head and walked into the room Navea was in.

I walked back to my office and saw Enzo waiting there already with the files in his right hand and a whisky in his other.

"You've got the files?" I ask while nudging my head.

"Yes." He handed them to me and I took a seat on my chair and opened it but as I was opening it a picture fell out.

I looked at the picture confused. "What is this?" I said as I looked at the picture, it was a photograph but it had no color.

"A picture duh," he said while sipping his whisky. "It looks like an old picture like it was taken in the 1900s but no it wasn't."

I flipped the picture and saw a date on the back and it was 3 years ago. I flipped it back and it was a picture of Navea and another woman who looked familiar and the same age as her and a man who also looked the same age as them.

"When I saw that picture I knew that man looked so fucking familiar but I just couldn't point it out," He said before pouring himself another glass of whisky.

"But then I remembered that man was the same man who greeted us when we landed in Paris, he was one of Moreau's men." He said making me look at him trying to put all the dots together.

"If she is close to this man," I said while putting the picture down and also getting a glass of whisky. "And that man works for Moreau, it means that he must've snuck her into the plane so that she could fly out here to Washington."

"Mhm," Enzo muttered while crossing his arms.

"The question is, why? Why did she need to be snuck into this plane." I asked confused.

"I don't know, that's what we need to ask her." He suggested.

I was not focusing on what he said and kept thinking why, she had no reason to run she lived a happy life with her mother and in this picture, she looks so happy with this woman and this man.

"Unless she's running away from someone," I said suspiciously while taking another sip.

"Oh shit," Enzo said as the realization dawned upon him.

"And who the fuck could she be running from, that's a huge question mark," I said annoyed because I wanted to figure it out.

"Enzo!" I said getting his full attention. "Find out who this woman is in the picture and bring her here," I ordered.

He looked at me confused "Why can't we just take the guy? I'm sure he has all the answers considering he is one of Moreau's men."

"No, that would be too obvious. I don't want Moreau to be suspicious of why one of his men is messing, especially if this kid is his right-hand man, meaning he is smart and trained. It wouldn't be that easy to catch him and even it was easy to catch him, like I said, Moreau shouldn't know any of this just in case he actually planted a spy here. We have to be one step ahead and act like we don't know shit." I said.

He nodded his head. "Roger that." He said.

"Do you have any information on this woman?" I ask.

"Yes, open the file. Her name is Martha Abrams." He said while I opened the file.

"Her father works for Moreau and look! What a coincidence the man in the picture is actually her brother." Enzo said.

"His sister must know about it too, she might be a part of the mafia," I said.

"She probably does but if she does then that means Navea should know it too, but you've made it pretty clear that she doesn't. Capo, what if she is still lying?" He said. He didn't trust her at all considering he caught her.

"If she is lying, I will have my ways of punishing her once we are married," I said not wanting to continue that discussion any further.

"Okay, sure." He muttered. I wanted to land a punch on his face but I kept my calm.

I close the file "Just make sure you bring Martha Abrams here, we need to question her." I said.

"You are dismissed," I told him before he bowed and left the room.

I was just a few steps closer to finding the truth.

***

He's slowly finding out one by one and completing the puzzle.

🐰🤍