Chapter 24

Unknown POV

"Why the hell would you block my shot?" I told him frustrated while slowly pulling my black locks, feeling like I was gonna go insane.

"You can't shoot her," He muttered, slowly touching my arm trying to calm me down.

"Really? Because I was so damn close to pulling the trigger until you intervened!" I said angrily. I pushed his arm off mine while pacing around the room.

"No, this would've ruined you Sœur, she's your best friend!"

"I know that, but I'd rather have her die than he killing my family. I will always protect my family no matter the cost, some best friend I had before I could even walk doesn't change that." I explained to him desperately,

Now I didn't know what to do, I was doomed. This mission was doomed from the start, if only she wasn't marrying that Italian puta then everything would've been fine.

I groaned before slamming my fist on the dresser thinking of what to do next, I was not gonna have another opportunity like this, and now my brother just ruined everything.

Navea Moreau

"Navea?" I felt someone shaking me waking me up from my slumber.

I woke up and saw Anna with a worried expression on her face, "You're up? Are you okay?" She asked looking around my face.

I fluttered my eyes trying to adjust to the light in the room, then a sudden pain hit my head making me groan and hold myself in place.

"You're not fine? I'll tell Capo!" She said worryingly, because she could stand up I pulled her arm, "No, I'm fine."

"No, you aren't Navea, look at you!" She sighed.

I couldn't remember how I got into this room, all I could remember was reciting my vows and then bang!

The priest got shot.

My eyes started to quiver and my hands started to shake with the sight of the lifeless priest on the ground.

"Youknowhatimcallingcapo" I heard indistinct not understanding a word she just said because I was muffled in my ears.

I couldn't analyze what she was saying because my mind was too busy panicking.

I looked down and saw I was still in my wedding dress, I quickly got off the bed and started ripping my wedding dress off.

I can't, someone died tonight, at my wedding - our wedding.

A life was lost and I can't help but think it was my fault.

I saw the priest's blood on my dress and tears starting to blur my vision and my breathing started to quicken.

I started rapidly ripping the dress off my body, I felt screaming, crying, or doing anything that could hurt myself because of the guilt I felt.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Angelo said confused and mad at the same time.

I couldn't care less, I was busy ripping the dress off my body.

"Let me be!" I shouted trying to remove his grip from my hands.

"Why the fuck are you ripping your dress? Don't tell me marrying me has made you completely mad," He said while clenching his jaw.

I ignored him and struggled under his grip, "Let me go," I said through my gritted teeth.

"No, not until you calm the fuck down." He said firmly.

I grunted and started to hit his chest trying to get him to let go of me but he wouldn't budge.