Chapter 18

Navea Moreau

I hated him. It was more than hate, more than I hated those women in the society. He's is ripping me apart.

I always thought that it would be different out here, that I'd be able to make choices for myself now that I'd left the society but I was wrong.

This was worse than being there. He locked me in a room and caged me like I was an animal, an animal in those cages in the zoo, but I was his private show.

And it seemed like he enjoyed every second of it, the look on his made me want to rip him apart just as he is doing to me now.

"You know he's not that bad," Anna said while folding up some of my clothes to move into Angelo's bedroom.

I looked at her with a cold glare before she said, "I mean master Angelo, he has always treated me and Mama so well. He even let us stay here while all the other maids live on their own."

"Well isn't that bad for you then? I'd rather not live here." I said while sighing.

"Then why are you marrying him?" She asked me confused before grabbing all the folded clothes and putting them on the bed.

Well, I couldn't tell her that I was forced into this marriage, not like it would make any difference if I did or not.

I ignored her question and sat on the bed while feeling uncomfortable. I did not want to share a room with Angelo, he could do anything that I wouldn't know of, and he might even kill me in my sleep, which he probably could've done by now.

I heard Anna sigh before looking at me placing her hands on my shoulders "Look Navea, it's not too late to call off the marriage. I know you are just 18 and young and you have a whole life ahead of you, but whatever you do just do not do anything that would ruin Master Angelo otherwise you'd see God before you even know it."

I sigh before looking down and covering my hands with my face, "I'm not ready Anna." I admitted to her.

"I can't have kids, live as a housewife doing all of that stuff, I had dreams," I told her.

"Then you'd better call off the wedding." She told me.

"I can't," I said frustrated.

"What do you mean you can't?" She said with a frown on her face.

"I mean unless you are marrying him for money I underst-"

I cut her off.

"He's forcing me into this marriage," I admitted to her while biting my lips holding a sob to come out of me.

"Oh, I-" Anna looked at me baffled before hugging me.

"I'm so sorry Navea I had absolutely no idea." She said while rubbing my back.

"It's okay, you didn't know," I reassured her while the tears fell from my eyes.

"So there's no way out for you, huh?" She asked before pulling back from the hug.

I scoffed "I wish there was."

"I would help you Navea but that would mean we'd both be seeing each other, well, on the other side." She said while giggling making me let out a little laugh.

"Well, I'll take these upstairs to Capo's room." She said before grabbing the clothes and leaving the room.

What still worried me was my bracelet, I still hadn't found it. I asked Gloria if she had ever seen a bracelet but she said no.

"Navea." I heard Gloria from the door, my head turned in her direction.

"Yes?" I ask while wiping some of the tears on my cheeks.